How bad is it

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Sanderson

Reaction score
Think I might have to replace this axle. What do you guys think? Bought the boat Tuesday from Pro Choice Marine in Warsaw MO. I am 9 hours away now.

Attachments

• 20240706_104247.jpg
    20240706_104247.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240706_104252.jpg
    20240706_104252.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240706_104533.jpg
    20240706_104533.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Hello

Well are you looking to do this yourself or under warranty. Warranty the boat will need to be towed. I would work with white river group for the Warranty work. Me I would do it myself. Worst case replacement of the axle is labor intensive. However as long as the axle has no wear spots or groves you should be able to source part on the internet or locally. Hard part will be getting that race off on the axle. The hub is toast and just replace it. Alot of youtube info on how to remove and replace hubs.

On a different note. White River/Tracker only puts the minimum amount of grease in. Driving that distance I would have added bearing
buddies and more grease. Easy to add buddies and grease.

Best of luck.

Pro Choice Marine is a highly regarded dealer. They are the first call I would make. You don't mention if this is a new or used boat. In either case, I would call the dealer. They may be able to refer you to a repair location closer to you.

Pro Choice Marine is a highly regarded dealer. They are the first call I would make. You don't mention if this is a new or used boat. In either case, I would call the dealer. They may be able to refer you to a repair location closer to you.
Would have to agree with Pat. Call the dealer and send pictures. See what they will do for you. I’m sure they wouldn’t want the this situation posted on a social website.

Think I might have to replace this axle. What do you guys think? Bought the boat Tuesday from Pro Choice Marine in Warsaw MO. I am 9 hours away now.
Find a reputable trailer repair center and have the entire assembly inspected and repaired as identified. They will be better and far cheaper than a Tracker Center. Of course if it is under a warranty and they will stand behind it use the Center. It appears you bough an "as is" used rig. The pictures tell me the assembly needs an overhaul. Too may items that will continue to be problems

Latest posts

Back