The better prop

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jweeksend

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2021 Z20 with the 250; the boat came with a 3-blade and a 4-blade prop. I haven't looked into swapping out the props, for I'm currently running a four-blade prop, but I just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on the best prop for performance. If there is such a thing, I'm looking for a faster hole shot with a greater top-end. Sorry but I don't have the pitch or bade set-up for what I currently have, but your suggestions would be a great help as to the ideal prop for what I'm looking.

I just purchased a 2021 Z20 with the 250; the boat came with a 3-blade and a 4-blade prop. I haven't looked into swapping out the props, for I'm currently running a four-blade prop, but I just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on the best prop for performance. If there is such a thing, I'm looking for a faster hole shot with a greater top-end. Sorry but I don't have the pitch or bade set-up for what I currently have, but your suggestions would be a great help as to the ideal prop for what I'm looking.
Advantages of a Four-Blade Propeller
  • They keep the boat on plane at lower speeds.
  • The provide quicker planing times and stronger acceleration.
  • They are faster at lower and mid-range rpm.
  • They run smoothly with less vibration.
  • They have more stability and balance.
  • They can provide better holding power in rough seas.
Three blade props generally offer better top speed with less drag.

Whatever you do- it's all about compromise- you will have to give up something to get something you want most..

Thank you. From what I'm hearing you say, stay with the 4-blade prop. LOL I'm not running any top-end races, just looking for quicker hole shots to get up on the plane faster and better control in rough big water

Advantages of a Four-Blade Propeller
  • They keep the boat on plane at lower speeds.
  • The provide quicker planing times and stronger acceleration.
  • They are faster at lower and mid-range rpm.
  • They run smoothly with less vibration.
  • They have more stability and balance.
  • They can provide better holding power in rough seas.
Three blade props generally offer better top speed with less drag.

Whatever you do- it's all about compromise- you will have to give up something to get something you want most..
I am running a 4 blade prop on a 2018 z21 with

Back