Lucky Craft lures - which to buy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, since the BPS sale here in the Carolinas starts tomorrow, I am finally going to turn loose at least some of my cookie jar money on Lucky Craft baits. They have them (pointers and sammy's) at 20% off, which at least get's them down somewhat.

My first inclination is to buy a couple of Pointers. Will probably go for the 100's. What's the recommended color scheme to look for? No smallies, just LM's.

Also, I've got a 'sammy' look alike now. I'm not sold on the fact that the Lucky Craft version is any better. Comments?

Also, I am very interested in the BPS Extreme reel (reg. 79.99 on sale for 69.99 with free rod). Low profile baitcasting. Since it comes with a free rod, I'm inclined. I hear everyone just raving about the Curado's, but I'm still price concious. Thoughts?

Tex

Tex, I love the ghost minnow in a 100. It's good for all species. But match your natural forage. Luckycraft added some new colors this year and has a great selection of varying colors. You ought to be able to find something that closely resembles the primary forage fish in you lake. Then get the 3 different sizes in that color so you can keep with the size of the bait as they grow thru the season. You won't be dissappointed. TN shad is always a good color.

Tex...I'm gonna' pick me up one or two of those pointers 78's myself. I really like the looks and they are suppossed to be great for smallies..

TEE

I throw all three, 98, 100 and 128's. I also like the splash minnow. The natural colors seem to work best for me, I havent had much success with the clown (Nishiki, I think) color by LuckyCraft.

I also have a few sammy's and even picked up a couple of g-splash's too. I want to get some CB's also.

Mini

Latest posts

Back