Hey Rob - or other Lucky Craft owners

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice on trying Lucky Craft if I like Rapalas,

I was looking at the BPS Catalog last night and checking out the lures. My favorite Rapala is the original floating type, so which Lucky Craft would be close to that sort of stop and go action?

The Pointer

or

The Flash Minnow

Or should I stop being cheap and buy both?

Thanks in advance.

the pointer is pretty close, check out the live pointer. i picked one up at the end of the season last yr. havn't had a chance to use it yet. but it is an awsome idea.

GregD

If you looking for a floater use the Flash. The pointer will suspend or slowly sink. Just buy 2 or 3 and see if you like them first. I'm betting you will.

If you buy a Pointer minnow (I like them alot), be sure to check/change the hooks. The Pointer (and seemingly only the pointer), comes with cheap hooks.

However, maybe they've addressed that by now.

Tex

I haven't had a problem with them. Of course you should ALWAYS check the hooks on every bait when you open and sharpen or replace them as needed. Just because they're new does not guarantee they're sharp.

I have a small mixture of LC lures, and only the Pointer had bad hooks. Pointed out to me after I missed three fish in a tournament. Checked them, and they were poor quality. However, the ones I've seen on the shelf lately, seem to be of better quality.

Tex

I know I don't like Yozuri's stock hooks. Usually too big for the bait and they are a galvanized salt water hook. I usually swap them out with Gammies or Mustad triple grips.

Back