Rapala Hooks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Size 9 Rapalas basic silver or gold are a good lure here, but these baits seems to be one of the hardest to

keep a fish on. Mainly I fish them on the surface and most of the time just let the fish "take it" for a few seconds

before setting.

Has anyone ever replaced the hooks on these? I found some size 6 bronze eagle claw trebles today and they look like the next size larger than what comes on a size 9 rapala.

The points look sharper and the wire is bigger. I floated two in the sink (one with normal hooks, one with the eagle claws) and they seem to sit in the water about the same. I also found a pack of owner size 6 trebles with white flash on them and I thought I'd replace the rear hooks with these.

I found this stuff at a place called the "Tackle Box" in East Palatka on HWY 19. I saw the place in-route to fishing on Tuesday (I played hookie) and wanted to stop there but didn't get a chance. I made it there today after work. It was great, I've been looking for a fresh-water tackle shop other than wally-mart for a while now (NE florida), I think I've found it. They had lots of plastics, I found some Mann's Jelly Worms (9" paddle tails in black and blue), I don't think they make these any more... This place is cool. BPS in Orlando is great but its too far to drive to, catalog ordering is alright, but there's nothing like a good ole tackle shop where you can just put your hands all over everything before you buy.

I changed the hooks on my Pop-R's and Husky Jerks to the Mustads. Maybe it's me but I really think it made a big Diff. No waiting envolved with those hooks.

Max

those mustad triple point treble hooks are awesome. i use them slip cork fishing for catfish and have noticed hooking percentage a lot higher. i like the owner hooks for bass fishin with the cutting point for a single hook.

Gamakatsu trebles are the sharpest i've tried. They're available in round bend and extra wide gap.

Latest posts

Back