TOXIC - I caught YOUR fish

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Toxic - Couldn't pass up going back to that dock that you lost the big one (twice) last week. Used a 4 inch Senko and on the first cast he hit it hard and ran like the devil. Line was screaming off the reel. Took me a while but got him to the boat. Four pounds eight ounces. Didn't have the camera with me (duh). He still had one of your Senko's and hook still in his mouth. I removed yours and mine and off he went back under the dock.

Went to the current and rocks for drop shot and did nothing. Went to that small island off from Coleman Creek and picked up one at four pounds eleven ounces. Good day with about 18 caught!

Get your butt back down here and catch your big one again! LOL :p

Bill - were you kidding that "He still had one of your Senko's and hook still in his mouth. "?? If so that is TOO FUNNY!!

Trep - He had Toxic's hook and Senko still in his mouth from a week ago!

I had a friend change out a worn out worm he threw it in the water after he replaced it on the first cast got a nice fish and it had his old worm in it's mouth thats the funniest thing I have seen I'm sure there are stranger stories I'm going to try to go down to Anna Saturday any one going?

Bill,

Glad you got her!!! And thanks for removing the hook. Somehow I just knew you would be going back there!!:lol::lol: There was no doubt in my mind that was a good fish. I could just tell!! My turn next!! There will be a lot more fish in and around that dock all winter.

TOXIC

Hutch - Would like to join you but it is the wife's birthday and will be doing it up right for her. Out with Jim Hemby on Sunday with some clients for a striper day. If you want a pass for the hot side I will leave it under the front mat.

Hey Hutch - when are you going to be there on Saturday? I may be out there myself on the hot side, but probably not until later in the day.

Not to early last time could not see 5 feet in front of you so I would say around 8-9 if all goes well.

An interesting read in Bassmaster Magazine re: tossing old plastics into the water.

Toxic,

Thats not the same dock I caught that good one off of is it?

Mini

Aaron - Same color! I saved Toxic's Gammy hook, line and Senko so I could give it back to him to reuse! LOL

Mini - I think it is the same dock if I remember the story.

Where's Toxic?????????? Probably mad since I caught HIS fish!

AHA!!!!!!

Then its MY fish! lol

Tox is fishing my $hit on his lake?

Now I have to ask about the drop shot spot..........is that the same one too?

Hutch - Pass and card will be under front mat. Have a good time!

Mini -Ooooops - Sorry, didn't know it was yours 'cause Tox told me it was his. Drop shot is the same, as well. Didn't know Toxic was givin' up your honeyholes! LOL when you comin' back to go over to the "hot side"?

Sounds like I need to get back there before yall run out of places to catch em.

What about the bridge?

Mini - Not much action at the bridge since the water temp was still in the low 90s. They seem to have migrated to cooler water ( < 85) but are definitely off dike two (where you put in) and the other bridges away from the power plant. Get yourself down here again and we can make a few days of it.

Hey Bill - what's the water temp these days? Have the cool nights lowered the temps any?

Thanks!!

ps: wish Martie a very happy b-day for Irene and I!

Jim - Water temps are starting to come down (a little). Still in the low 90s at dike 1 and the first canal, but in the low to mid-eighties everywhere else. Try dike 2, Coleman Creek Bridge (third cooling lagoon) and that small island on the left as you come up on Coleman Creek Bridge. Further back where the long rip rap is you can drop shot easily since the current is so strong. I got the 4-11 right off the small island. Senko's needless to say!

I would love to make it. Looks like we may have the Hampton store on our "spring 07" schedule. I will let you know!

BTW Bill, it is awfully nice of you to allow friends on the hot side.

Mini

Mini - You have an open invitation and you don't even have to bring Toxic! LOL

Hey now!!! And just for the record, neither the dock OR the boulder field is mini's ****!! :lol::lol: I found those all by myself!! The dock mini is talking about is the one at the end of canal 1 before you get to the Elk Creek bridge back in that little cove. He tossed a baby poop colored jig (one of mine...that I thought was too ugly to fish) up under that dock and came away with a real nice fish. And the bridge he is talking about id the Elk Creek bridge, canal side on the right. Get your buns back down here mini and I'll show you a LOT more on that side!! When you were here, we didn't go down canal 2 because it was sooo cold. We stayed up in dike 1/canal 1 area. Last time I went to the rock pile you are talking about, the catfish tore up all of my senko's!!

TOXIC

OK Guys - Went back out on the lake for a few hours this afternoon. Water temps coming down. Dike 2 was at a cool 80 degrees and lagoon 3 was at 77 degrees. Rain and cooler weather had a major impact on the water.

Went directly to lagoon 3 to see if Toxic's fish was back under the dock. He wasn't! LOL I did stay along the shoreline and fished the boat docks and finally caught Tox's fish (again). Knew it was his since the lip was a little tore up from last time(s). He was about 75 yards down towards dike 3 from the boat house we caught him at.

Tried drop shotting in the rocks and current across the way but didn't hook up on anything. Have a good time on Saturday and try and leave Toxic's fish alone to recuperate! LOL

Mini needs to come down before the real cold weather comes in or wait until it starts to go out.

Thanks for the reports Bill!! Hopefully, we'll see Hutch and Ken on the water (I'll be in a buddy's white DC Nitro 482). I'd ask if you could join us even for a little bit, but I don't want to get you in trouble!!

Boy, I sure would be in trouble! Have a good time and enjoy the beautiful day with the trees all turning colors. Should be at peak in about a week so bring Irene out and let her enjoy it!

I did stay along the shoreline and fished the boat docks and finally caught Tox's fish (again). Knew it was his since the lip was a little tore up from last time(s).

So much for the "They won't bite with a sore mouth" theory!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Uh huh....sure Tox.....lol

I think you have earned the right to fish wherever you want....even if it is where a yankee caught em...lol

:)

Maybe I should have said Tiger!

GO Tigers!~

Hey Hutch - got your e-mail. Sent you a reply. Hope to see you and Ken on the water on Saturday.

Back