My Triton Explorer 18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I haven't been on in awhile so I wanted to pop in and say hello and Happy Holidays to everyone. I posted awhile back about buying a Triton Explorer 18 pretty cheap and I did. I have sold my Skeeter to my friends dad. He is coming to get it after the new year. I was only able to take the Triton out on the water once before it got freezing cold but I am very happy with it.

The 115 Optimax is alittle slow out of the gate but moves this boat pretty well with 2 people, full tank and all gear it runs about 50-55mph. A 150 would be ideal for this boat but only the HP model can go up to 150hp. For what I paid, 115hp is enough for my pleasure fishing. It is an awesome boat layout as far as storage, rod space, front deck. It is WAY better than the Skeeter I had and for some reason, it's almost 2 feet longer and a bit wider but it fits in my garage better. Must be the trailer.

So, her she is:

mytritonexplorer18.JPG

And since you guys always see me with a hat on or bed head, I thought I would post what I look like when I clean up. I had to get my photo taken for TN business journal so here it is.

126150135326093.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Teri you look the same as you did when I met you at Patoka..No change..Still young and Pretty...

JR:)

Sweet rig!!! I hope you enjoy it!

Great pic, also!! Glad to see your shining face!! Keep smiling like that. It'll keep 'em all guessing!! :lol::D

Merry Christmas!

Great looking boat there Teri, let me know how the 115 runs when you get it out in the spring, she's a little longer then my Nitro and the OptiMax runs a lot different then my 115 Carb'd 2+2, but do some research on the right vented prop for that rig and you should be able improve that holeshot.

Wow in the local paper!!

I did the same thing, picked up the boat late fall, only had 1 opportunity to take it out before the cold hit. Boat looks great!

You clean up well;):wub:

Congrtas on the boat and break it in this spring at DH with a 5+SM:cool:

Trep, I know nothing about props. Maybe someone can recommend one that would improve the hole shot and I can work toward getting one.

Tee, I still gotta hook up with you. Maybe this spring.

I did register for all 4 Women's BassMaster Tour tournaments for 2010 as a coangler. It's going to be tough this year because they are much further away. First one is Wheeler in Alabama, then 2 in Texas (Sam Rayburn and Belton Lake) then Louisiana (Ouachita River - hated this last year). The Classic is back on Sam Rayburn. People are upset because 3 outta 5 are in Texas this year. I know several that won't be signing up this year because of distance. Sad. Not sure this series will make it.

That is sad...WTH they thinkin'? Not a good way to try to get things off the ground.:(

pretty boat...prettier lady :)

And dont worry abotu texas...I think they will fill up. Bunches of ladies fish in Texas!

Teri nice rig. And don't sell yourself short about cleaning up good. You don't see some of the guys posting their pics! That might scare small children and Rich would have to edit them out.

Not sure what prop is on the boat currently, but on my Z-7 I went with a Trophy Plus 4 blade and the hole shot is much better than a 3 blade. Lots of knowledge around here and on other boards regarding props.

As to coming to Texas, I will make a point to be up at Rayburn when you are down this way. I am actually looking at a place up there to park a camper on Saturday after Christmas. We have one that sits in the yard and if we are going to keep it, then it is going to the lake! I will keep you posted.

Have a Merry Christmas and good luck in the coming season.

Be still my beating heart!!:wub:

(Nice boat too, but then again...you'd make a log raft look HOT!!!:rolleyes: )

Hope you have an excellent Christmas!!!

MacDaddy

Nice rig there. With that galvanized trailer (I take it that it is not grey painted) you can do some marsh fishing, Hope you get your shole shot worked out. When you get time to run it, post some performance numbers, ie time to get on plane, WOT RPM's, prop shaft height vs bottom of the boat/pad. I'm not an expert, but these are the first things you need to know.

Hot lookin girl that fish's and has her own boat. Wow-we.

Congrats on the local paper and the boat.

Have a great safe hollidays.

Also good luck in the tournies.

Dan

My bass club fishes Belton. I didn't know it was on the schedule for the WBT and had made the "big time" :D It's a fun lake and has some nice smallmouth bass!

Good to hear some of you fish these lakes in Texas. I'll be hitting you up for what types of baits to bring when the time comes.

Hi Teri! Great lookin' boat and great lookin' picture. And because of E5Zero's statement

You don't see some of the guys posting their pics!
, I guess I'll have to post my picture. I didn't want to but was pushed into it..

jackman.bmp

Uncle Billy

Wow, Uncle Billy. I had no idea you were so buff. :wub:

Latest posts

Back