IMCO Boat Buckle Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
For those of you who have the boat buckles installed on a Nitro trailer, are they a simple fit? It looks like the tabs on the Nitro trailers were the tie downs are hooked at at an odd angle. Is there any additional hardware that you need to buy? I'm assuming stainless is the way to go as well.

Thanks!

Paul

Definately go stainless. Easy to mount, the strap takes up and "odd" angles. Nice addition to any trailer.

Mini

paul:

I just purchased a set of boat buckles. Work great. There is an 800 number that you can call and they will send you out a set of angled brackets to change the direction that the boat buckle mounts. Real easy to install. The brackets are free of charge, at least they were.

mike

I bought a set of the IMCO buckles last year for my 2001 188 and they went on fine without any additional brackets. Worth the money as they make it easier for me to get the boat on and off the trailer by myself.

Larry

I bought the extra brackets at BPS for 12 bucks!!!:angry: Oh well, I wanted them that day.

The factory straps that came on my 591 must have been designed by the French. There's hardly any distance between the trailer and the transom hooks and they're waaaaaay up under the motor. The straps that came on it were 3 or 4 feet long. I had to fold up all this extra strap and secure it with some other velcro straps. The Boat Buckles are sweet. Much less BS.

Harpo

Wow ... I'm mounting some additional cash in the area of trailer improvements. Boat buckles are in my spring order!

Mike - were the brackets they sent you specifically for the Nitro trailers? If they are free, I'll grab them else I'll just install as others have done without them.

Paul

Paul,

My trailer is most likley pretty similar to yours. I thought the angle was a little too much. What i ended up doing was bending the tabs in a little bit with a mallet. It worked prefect, ive had bukles on it for 5 years now. I wont ever go back to manual straps again.

Btw, get the stainless steel ones. the regular steel ones didnt last two years on my boat.

Btw, get the stainless steel ones. the regular steel ones didnt last two years on my boat.

Great!!! Now you tell me....I bought the regular ones.:(

Harpo

Harpo,

Don't worry about the regular ones......mine have been on my trailer since new in 2000.

Bob G.

My regular seel ones no longer retracted the strap after about a year and a half on my nitro trailer. Everything inside was totally rusted up and the retract spring that makes them retract was rusted solid. The same thing happened to the ones on my Champion trailer too. The stainless ones were not available when i got both of the sets i have owned. When the ones on my Nitro trailer croaked i called imco and they told me that the rusting and breakage was a common complaint and gave me a price break on the stainless ones. My stainless ones have been on there since about summer of 03 and they still work like new. For the extra $15 the stainless ones cost its a no brainer in my book.

Latest posts

Back