New boat lift owner needs help with a nitro 700 lx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudseeder

Reaction score
I've had my 2001 Nitro 700 lx happily sitting on a trailer in my driveway for the last 20 years. I recently purchased a house on Lake Conroe (TX) that included a boat slip with a cable lift, The previous owner had a big ski boat parked in the slip so it needs to be reconfigured. The I beams are 12' apart with a set of 14' 2x6 carpeted bunk boards. My questions are:

1. How do I figure out where to position the bunks? Same as the trailer inside bunks? Those are only about 14 inches (inside) apart.
2. Are the 2x6's too wide for a Nitro hull? The Nitro hull is sort of angled then flat. Seems that the 2x6's might be too big for the hull design.
3. Would a set of new aluminum bunks (3" wide) work better than the 2x6's?
4. Once I get the bunks positioned correctly how to I figure out where on the 14' boards to put the boat to distribute the load correctly?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Can you call a local dock and lift builder? I would guess that it is configured the same as the trailer, but not sure since its a lift.

Latest posts

Back