Hot Foot

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Forston

Reaction score
Looks like among other upgrades, I'm considering going with a Hot Foot. It really makes sense. The packages says that it uses standard cables? I'm putting a 7" jack plate on as well. There is no way the throttle cable will reach all the way from the jack plate to the Hot Foot would it? Would I need or can I buy a longer cable?

I doubt the cabel you have will reach. I dont know how long the one you have in there is but generally they do make longer ones. You need to measure how long it needs to be and then you can get one from cabelas or bass pro.

Thanks guys,

I think Toxic nailed it.
Yes you have to get a longer cable papers with hot foot said 2 ft longer than one in the boat I think mine was 3 ft longer but it worked out good just installed today. I had to take my old cable off at the leaver so i could remove the cable the engine side has a round cable holder and i could not get the cable out thru the tubing. get the underwater clear silicone for the jackplate i bought the starbright white i don't like it at all. Also you may have to remove the ubolt tie downs i did so measure before you get everything loose they take a while to take off i filled mine and put some stainless tapper head screws to cover the holes Cub48

Latest posts

Back