Help with livewell intake screen

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Towne

Reaction score
Just bought a new Pro 175 and there is no screen on the livewell intake. Stopped back to the dealer and looked at another new one and there is none on that one either. Is that the way they are ??? The hole is threaded with a coarse thread and can`t locate a nipple that has standard threads (to fit the screen) and the real coarse on the other end.. Thanks for any help... Dave

Dave,

You don't get features like that on the aluminum rigs. I have the TV-18 and didn't get them either. When I brought my boat in for the 20 hour service I notice my dealer had several in stock and they put one on for me. It was $15 installed.

Marke

Marke, Thanks for the info. I have a SS screen so will just pick up a plastic nipple and force it in to thread.. Anything better then sucking up all those weeds.. Dave

My TV-18 DID come with one...

It didn't come with the fancy front safety strap or the 150 hp motor though!!!

az

My 98 PT175 DID come with one... It isn't threaded but it holds tight to the intake hole...

my origional pump didnt come with one,got a weed caught in it and jammed it,it worked for a yr or so after that,but it crapped out.when i put the new pump in,the intake was threaded about 3 inches long or so,i put the screen on then.you wouldnt believe the crap that it stops.

OK, I stand corrected. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong...LOL

However, Andy your boat is a 00' and Brian's a 98'. Mine is an 01'. Maybe it's a new cost cutter? Maybe Tracker figured if they could save $2 or $3 per boat times "X" number of boats.....That's a lot of $$$

Marke

Mine didn't come with one.

It DID come with a front safety strap, a spare tire mount, a second console...oh, AND a 150!!!

(Sorry. Just had to do it. :^0)

Boys - My '00 175 didn't come with the metal screen type but each line did have a plastic one (looked like an X) to keep the big stuff out. Dave look closely and see if you have the plastic insert. I agree that that screens are 100% better! I had to replace my pumps this summer due to stupid user error and put the screens on at the same time.

MO-

You're killing me!!!

It even came with the spare tire carrier???

geez!!!

Mine was just a '00 leftover in '01...

az

Yes, it came with a spare tire carrier.

But I had to pay some extra bucks to buy it and have them install it on the trailer, just like I did to have them put the second console in.

I'm just funnin' ya, Andy. I've seen your boat, and its a beaut.

Ah, yes...

The old "It comes with it for an 'extra' cost" type extras...I got some of them too...

...still want my fancy-dancy bow strap...

az

Latest posts

Back