Florida fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Just back from a week visiting my mom down in central Florida. We managed to get a bit of fishing in, amidst the usual trips to amusement parks and other kid-friendly venues. As expected, the honors for most/best fish went to Jeanne. She managed a couple of good size cats from the pond behind my mom's house, including a 10 pounder caught on 8 pound mono, and a 6 to 7 pounder caught on an ultralight with 6 pound mono. She also managed bass, shad and bream out of the same pond.

We did fish at Disney one day and I managed my best bass. Exact weight unknown, but the consensus on the boat was 4.5 to 5 lbs. On a pearl fluke. Best central Florida colors for us seem to be june bug/dark reds/dark blues/dark purples.

Disney keeps expanding their guided fishing operations. More boats, more venues. I highly recommend it if you are looking for some easy fishing in Central Florida.

Overall, very fun. I had a busy winter with "technology" problems, so it was nice to get out on the water again. Hoping to keep it up this spring. The Nitro is cleaned up and ready for an outing.

Rich-

Can you do the guided trip without paying to get into the park? What's the going rate for the guided trip?

az

Glad you had fun and glad you are BACK!!! We missed you oh great and mighty leader!!!

Oh and tell Jeanne - Way to GO! Keep beating Rich!!! So, when does SHE get her own bassboat??? LOL

Don't forget to let me know about next Sat at Lanier!!

Andy, you have to pay the regular $8 parking fee, not the theme park entry fees. Fishing is $225 for 2 hours, $200 if it's in the afternoon, $395 for a half day. It's a pontoon boat, so the party can be as large as 5, I think, for the same price. Live bait is extra.

It's pricey in comparison to some of the local guides, but you are fishing incredibly fertile water within minutes of stepping onto the boat, and you never have to run more than two or three minutes to get to another prime spot. We caught six in two hours (strictly on artificial), with a perhaps the same number throwing the hook before we could boat them. That's considered slow by Disney standards. Four years ago, we caught thirty or more in two hours using shiners.

Jeanne and I joke that the bass are paid Disney cast members, and they get bonuses for taking the hook.

The fish are good quality, averaging 2.5 to 3 lbs. The guides are personable, polite, and entirely professional, as you would expect from any Disney cast member.

By the way: They use Tracker pontoons and Nitro bass boats.

Michael, what's up with Lanier next weekend? We may be going up to Hartwell, but if I can make it, I will.

So, for the fish, Disney World is like being in spring training for the BPS tanks?

April 16th - NTOWS Fishing Lanier! Who's Comming?? by TrepMan, 4/6/2005 19:47 ET

Category - Fishing: Locations

OK April didn't work out, so with keeping on my schedule for the 3rd Saturday each month... Lake Lanier!!!

So, who's in? Same plan as last month, meet at a Waffle House near the ramp for breakfast and get hooked up in our boats, fish safe life till 3pm. If everybody wants, we'll do a $5/per person for big fish only.

I'm in!! Who's comming?

Latest posts

Back