Flukin' Fish

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll, hope you had a great Memorial Weekend. The kid and I were hard after the bucketmouth Monday morning and put a whoopin' on them. We got into a school and caught over twenty fish by 1000, all on Zoom Super Flukes in Pearl and also on Watermelon seed. We went through about 2 1/2 bags of flukes and the bottom of the boat looked like a tornado his the fluke factory.........ha ha ha. The kid took me to school though, catching about three to my one, but that's the way we like it, eh. He also caught big fish that went about three pounds. We have a pond here on Fort Stewart, GA they built about five years ago and the bass are real healthy and in the next two years should produce a great group of four and five pounders. The size minimum is 15". Here's a pic or two, sorry for the catch and release folks but I needed to stock up the freezer for some upcoming fish fry outings! Ya'll be good and set the hook once for me.

Jim
Whose gonna fillet these.JPG

Nice catch and Ummmmm good eating. I like to keep a few every now and then for eating. I just try to keep it from being the same lake every time.:);)

No need to apologize, it is your right to keep some for food :)

Mini

Shoot...I even kept a 3lb. Smally Saturday and I normally don't but, I had 4 huge gills with it and had em' for supper last nite off the grill...MMMMmmmmmmmm:p

Since you've had such success, how about some rigging tips for flukes. I've been seeing alot of shad getting busted on the surface at my local lake. I thought a weightless fluke thrown right into the mix would be perfect but I've never used them and have no idea how to rig them. Picked up some Zoom Pearl flukes. What rod/rigging?

NoCAL

Man I hate to see that. It's interresting though. Ray Scott did such a good job with the catch and release philosophy that ya forget that it's probably a good thing to take a few from time to time. I wonder if we could talk him into going to Washington and teach the Senators and Congressmen about a similiar philosophy:D

Thinnin the herd in a healthy fishery is not only good eatin' it is absolutely necessary to keep the population healthy.

TOXIC

keep enough to eat

eat all you keep

I was in the office of one of my customers a while back and he showed me a string on a post like that he caught in Florida back in the 60's... it was 10 bass weighing over 100 pounds!

Harpo.

Thanks Jim, I saw those hooks at a local shop. Sounds like I'll be rigging up some flukes!

NoCAL

Don't fret Pete W., I also believe in catch and release, and turn loose most of the fish I catch. I've raised my sone (in the picture) the same way and he has no issues releasing bass, even released some big ones that I thought he might want to keep for the wall, but he put er' back. But I recently returned from a year away and the ol' freezer was empty. Also, the pond I'm fishing has a very healthy population and continues to improve each year. They just built the pond on Fort Stewart about five years ago and it's loaded with "football" bass. Have a good one.

Jim

Back