The reason we SHOULD fish!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
I went to a small public park pond the other night to just relax and catch some gills. No boat, ramp, towing etc...... I get there and there is a dad with two boys about 3 and 5 years old. I set myself set up and look over and the dad can't even get his line in the water. One boy would catch a gill and by the time the dad had taken the fish off, rebaited and got his line back in the water the other had one. This literally went on for about an hour. The boys were yellin and talking and having the time of their lives. LITERALLY, DAD NEVER SET A LINE IN THE WATER!!! In that hour I caught and released about 50 gills and was ready to go when I heard the dad say, "Last of the bait guys". I walked over and gave him my other box of wax worms and the boys went crazy. I actually think the dad wanted to hit me. I just told him to enjoy it and left.

Made me think of my grown boys that I don't get to spend nearly enough time with anymore!

Enjoy them while you can!

Randy

" I actually think the dad wanted to hit me "

Laughed out loud and got stared at like an idiot by everyone of my coworkers....Good stuff! I feel the same way when I take my wife fishing. The joy on her face when she catches a 4 inch bream is priceless.

+1 on all that. My now grown son is moving back from California to go back to school. We have a fishing trip planned and he is so stoked up to fish. I guess I take it for granted since I fish when I want to now. His first bass almost got me a ticket for keeping it because I just couldn't explain throwin it back to a 4 year old.

I started my son out young:

DSC00018.jpg

And he has stuck with it ever since:

DArtagnanonChokeCanyon.jpg

It won't be long, and he will be driving the boat before I know it!

All the best,

Glenn

i took my boys out to teach them to fish thinking we could all 3 fish..yeah that was a mistake haha..it went as you said..i was unhooking fish and rebaiting..they learned how to cast there lil spongebob poles and was having a blast..i cast one time my jig in hopes of catching one but as soon as it hit the water..."dad i got another one"...

Well... today he provided a good laugh. We went to Choke Canyon early this morning to see if we could get some to bite on topwater. D'Artagnan started getting frustrated with his baitcaster, as he wasn't used to throwing lighter baits. So he lasted for about a dozen casts with accompanying backlashes, which I picked out quickly every time (they weren't that bad). Then he announces he is going to "take a break" (we have been there all of 15 minutes). So I keep fishing, and I hear him playing Angry Birds on my cell phone. I ask him if he is going to fish again, and his response is (this came from an 8 year old):

"Daddy, it's not about fishing. It's about spending time together." Then he went back to his game and ignored me for the next hour or so. :lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

I only have one of five left at home and she is 17 they all fish, but we still find time to sneak off and catch a few. I remember when she started same way as those two did she was 3 when she caught her first bass

Latest posts

Back