MVM Sighting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
I just returned from a morning out on Lake St Clair. The fishing was so-so. I spotted Hathcock's ride parked at the launch (truck and trailer), never saw them on the lake, though I did'nt wander too much due to the blustery conditions.

I did leave a little calling card on Hathcocks windshield, hope it didn't blow off....

Sure hope they found some fish today!! It's been windy as @!$~@! the last few days!! The lake was BIG friday,.....3-4 footers. Saturday we had wind and rain and stayed inland...fished Neeley's lake. Sunday, we had more wind and tried to fish the St.Clair river...had rough conditions there too!! Man,..they got a good dose of "rough" this past weekend!! LOL Carlos did a GREAT job driving his boat though.....he's got the rough stuff licked now!! We had a GREAT time as usual....I just wished the fishing was a little better and the wind would've layed down......man....that gets old after 3 days of that!!!:wacko:

They're leaving in the a.m.....mini and I both had to work today....but I fished last Friday, Saturday and sunday!!:wub:

BTW,...C3 is really proud of his boat,....he takes immaculate care of it....it looks exactly the same as it did a year ago!! Leave it up to a Marine to take care of his/her gear!!;)

Mac

We saw the note...too f'in funny man!!!

I wish we knew you were gonna be there....we would've hooked up with you.

Did you do any good?

I did'nt know you fellas were going to be out there either, I took one look at the water when I got there and knew I needed to change my game plan. Way to bumpy. Got 4 in about 2.5 hours of fishin..all 2 pounders. I was draggin tubes down in the 9 mile area. Due to the blustery conditions, I was kinda relegated to runnin the shoreline, I did'nt feel like runnin in the rough stuff to get where I really had planned on going. I cut out way early, got tired of bobbin up and down and draggin tubes. I had'nt planned on fishin that way the night before so I got bored with it in a hurry and of course the lack of steady action kinda put me off too. I kept an eye out for you fellas, but knew you probably were'nt fishin the mile roads. Mac told me you guys found some fish, nice work. If it had been a little smoother out there, I have a feeling we may have crossed paths. Seems to never fail, when I actually get a full day to fish, the dark side of St. Clair rears it's ugly head. That water really was not TV18 friendly, I coulda ran it, but it woulda hurt.

It was pretty rough....we went to the Firecracker in the morning, then went into the channels fishing some wrecks.

We found most of our fish in the channels.

Tox and Carlos arent allowed here anymore if they keep bringing the wind....

I dont know what stories you hear about those two, but they are good people. I am sorry I didnt get to hang with you guys @ Neeley's but I get a couple of things done that I NEEDED to.....one involved sleep :)

Let's see the pictures! I know there were some big fish caught. :)

Mini

Pictures? You have slept...lol

Mini

Wish I had been able to make the trip over too, but I was on vacation with my family.

Gene

We'll get you over here next year Gene,....we're thinking about June for '06...better fishing and better weather,..although the temps were perfect this year...it was just TOO windy!!

Still had waaayy too much fun though.....the food and libations were top shelf!! Neeley raised the bar on being the host.....his man-cave was the perfect spot!!;)

We get any more people coming and we'll have to have 2 caves!! LOL (The weekend hasn't been picked yet,...but I have my youngest daughter's HS Graduation and OpenHouse next June too, but we'll plan around that!!) Hope you can make it!!

Mac

you should of come by and got my boat then you wouldn't have to worry about those little ole waves...BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:p:p:p:p.JR

Here we go fellas!!!

Here is one of Tox doing what he does best. Working on a Ranger!!!
100_0359.JPG
being supervised by the master of clean bass bots himself, MacDaddy!!!!

Here is a pic of my smallie that was almost eaten by a Muskie. talk about getting your attention! Bringing in this fish and a beheamoth rises from the deep and tries to eat him! Neeley estimates that the muskie was in teh 48-54 inch range.
100_0388.JPG

here is one of Toxics good side HAHAHAHAHAH Tox, you KNEW this one was coming out HAHAHAHAHAAHAH

100_0358.JPG

And last but not least, our gracious host hanging out with Marke.

Who BTW took Tox and I out to his ^7%# and Tox adn i took two 4 pound largemouth from there. Thanks for showing us your &8&%$ Marke!!

100_0392.JPG

One last thing. Thanks to the fellas and the fellas wives for such a good time. The wind SUCKED you know what, but the libations, chow and the good times more then made up for it.

You fellas ROCK!!!

Looks like we can try and plan on the third week of June for next year!!!!

Carlos

That wasn't Marke's ****, it was mine.....I showed it to him!!!

I'll post some more pic's tonite and tomorrow.

And you're welcome....it was our pleasure!!!

Looks like a great time..Thanks for sharing the Photos.....

Carlos - Soo... you guys won't be needing any of those NITRO hats so send them do to Casa De Trepper, and i'll swap them for my collection of Tracker Hats!!! LOL

Just shoot for delivery on Sept 7th , my birthday. And have all you're Nitro shirts and stuff dry cleaned and sent down too!!! BBWWWAAAAA

LOVED the Pics!!

Trep! HA, If I had any I would send em out!!!!

Last pic is attached. How about this for a driveway full of boat????
100_0352.JPG

Carlos... Is your passenger windshield busted... looks funny in that billboard picture!!!!!

:Gotta say Mother Nature was a royal B!TCH but we made the best of it and had a GREAT time. Good people, good food, good drink, good fishin', good grief, I'm ready to go again:p!! Neeley has the best of both worlds. That lake in his backyard (I have pics on the disposable that need to get developed) is a gem. Like CIII said, in a 2 hour time frame we had 2- 4lb bigheads, a 2lb+ smallie and at least 9 to 12 other fish. We were wearin em' out!! We had to lay down in the boat, remove the seats and the anchor light to get to Neeley's super secret ****. Besides the fact we were a little "self-medicated" by the time we got out there.

You should have seen Neeley, myself, CIII and Mac all in Marke's TV18.....ohhhhhh what a pic that would have been and we even got it on plane!!! There were Senko's flyin' everywhere!!

Ken and Rhonda went waaaaaay above the call of duty!! I owe Jonathon too. I want that recipe for the breakfast casarole!! Jill baked some awsome cookies and made moon-pies (yum-yum) and Mac and Kathy made Fajahitas (with a side of Venison) that were to die for. Marke put us on some super fish at Neeleys and as always we Raped Mac and Mini's **** with their blessing!! Ken got us on fish on the big water the last day also.

Thanks again guys......The MVM rules!! What a great bunch of people!! I am proud to call them all friends. For those lucky enough to be invited, it is truly one of the great pleasures in life (the on-going initiation is a little rough!!:D). Don't ask me how much booze we went through, it boggles the mind:D:lol:

BTW.......those toads were Mini's. They were Lake Superior fish, yep we ran all the way to one of the BBBBBIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG lakes!!

TOXIC

That would be Huron, Tox.....Superior is a 7 hour drive north by truck.....

They were there, just a little too windy...too much current, boat traffic....lol

Great seeing you guys.

Mini

That was one heck of a good time....love the pix's!! BTW Tox,...you're one AWESOME Boat BEEEYOTCH!! Between the wax job and keel shield installation.....you RULE.;)

Mini,..you're fired!!:p

Gotta run folks....college is callin'!!! :blink:

Later!!

Mac

BTW,...anyone on this board that has a glass boat..(Yeah,...i'm talkin' to YOU too TREP!!,..get some "Bass Boat Saver" spray cleaner...that stuff is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!)...I'm going to order a case!! Thanks again Carlos and Tox...friends like you are few and far between!!:wub:

What is "Bass Boat Saver" spray and what/how do you use it? This whole idea of CLEANING the outside of a boat is gonna KILL me!!!

Tox, you said it man. Many many thanks to all up there. Man, I have to go on a diet now!!!!

Trep, it is a cleaner/protective wax stuff. Works really good, has UV protectant in it and keep the glass super clean and good looking (works good on a wrap too) All you do is spray it on a rag, and then rag the boat off and off comes the nastiness!!!

Carlos - So you wipe your boat down with this after each use??

Trep, the Potomac has a high concentration of decaying matter. Will leave a NASTY stain on the boat if you do not. It is easy as pie to wipe it down after a day in teh water. I have it down to about 10 minutes at the most. That was the scum line is off and the baot has a good payer of protection as I have to leave it out beside the garage (I have an imiation garage)

Almost like a good wax after every use

FIRED? AGAIN? !@$%(*, #%@ *(!)%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I go....can someone email me the pictures of me holding fish?!?

Mini

><>

I have them....but they're at home and I won't be there until 8pm.

Still no pictures....:angry::unsure::blink:

Mini

Back