Guest Chargers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 24v trolling motor with only one 6 amp 12 volt Guest charger. Should I:

1. buy another 6 amp charger.

2. replace system with a dual charger.

Also how does one drill holes to install?

Thanks,

Michael Stalnaker

Go with a GUEST 2 or 3 bank (3 if you want to charge your cranking battery also). Drilling depends on where you want to mount it.

TOXIC

Assuming that you're mounting it on the inside of the transom..... 3/4" or 1" stainless screws will do the trick; the transom is plenty thick to handle that. Coat them with silicone before you but them in so that the hole will be water tight.

Guest 3 bank. I had a 2 bank and like the 3 bank for piece of mind for the cranking battery.

BECAREFUL where you start drilling and screwing things to your boat. INSURE there is adeqaute wall thickness in the mounting area. You may be drilling through your hull. You usually dont need longer than 1/2" stainless steel screws to mount a charger (depending on vertical or horizontal mounting).

I once had a charger installed by a "technician" and he screwed my hull to the trailer bunk with a mounting screw!!!!!

Names will be secret to protect the guilty.

Mini

I was wanting to mount another 6amp right next to this one or install a two bank charger.
DSCF0114.JPG

That puny little thing doesn't look like it would charge a flashlight!! ....LOL, just kidding. Get a GUEST. Call Sue @ 1-888-483-7865 X 135.

TOXIC

Hey Tox - I believe that's a 2611 which I have in my Tracker, it works GREAT on 1 trolling battery and 1 Cranking battery for over 4 years!!

YOU of all people should know size doesn't matter!!! LOL

Trep, QUIET...I'm tryin to sell a charger here!!LOL. I like the ease of everything getting charged at the same time.

TOXIC

Back