Fuel in Carburetor guard

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurtMarshall

Reaction score
Is there supposed to be fuel sitting here?
1997 Mercury Force 120hp
1728669601908.jpeg

Based on general carb knowledge and common sense, no, there isn't supposed to be fuel there.
If you're sure it's fuel, try to find where it's coming from. It's probably a small leak from the bowl gasket or something close and blowing into the guard and collecting there.
There's also an overflow port that may or may not have a tube attached, check there as well. If it's overflow leakage, check the float and float valve.

Gee man, I was just trying to make clear that I have no idea what that carburetor is. I’m not a boat mechanic, and didn’t want my advice to be mistaken for expert opinion.
Don’t be so touchy, no hard feelings and good luck finding the leak.

Gee man, I was just trying to make clear that I have no idea what that carburetor is. I’m not a boat mechanic, and didn’t want my advice to be mistaken for expert opinion.
Don’t be so touchy, no hard feelings and good luck finding the leak.
That guy must just be a real smart a**. Sorry you got that kind of response

Is there supposed to be fuel sitting here?
1997 Mercury Force 120hp
View attachment 3876
Yes, when you tilt the motor all the way up as far as it can go the fuel will leak out of the carb. and on the silencers. There is a silencer that has a cup built in and a hose connected to it and the hose goes to the crank case for recirculation. But, then again I could be wrong, and I don't want to get yelled at, like somebody did. HAHAHA !!! (On second thought the floats in the carb. are set to high)

That guy must just be a real smart a**. Sorry you got that kind of response
It was just a misunderstanding; but now the post is deleted, and my reply is just hanging there looking weird, lol.
Hopefully Curt will follow up soon and we'll get to the bottom of whatever is going on.

Yes, when you tilt the motor all the way up as far as it can go the fuel will leak out of the carb. and on the silencers. There is a silencer that has a cup built in and a hose connected to it and the hose goes to the crank case for recirculation. But, then again I could be wrong, and I don't want to get yelled at, like somebody did. HAHAHA !!! (On second thought the floats in the carb. are set to high)
That makes sense. Thank you.

Hey y’all,
I am so accustomed to these forums being infested with folks that don’t really want to help, but want to make people feel stupid.
I guess I misinterpreted the intent behind the “Based on general carb knowledge and common sense,” comment.
I apologize for creating a negative atmosphere.

Hey y’all,
I am so accustomed to these forums being infested with folks that don’t really want to help, but want to make people feel stupid.
I guess I misinterpreted the intent behind the “Based on general carb knowledge and common sense,” comment.
I apologize for creating a negative atmosphere.
A small misunderstanding, already forgotten.
It's worth keeping in mind that these posts remain available for a long time and can potentially help many others down the road, so please keep the thread updated as you work toward solving the issue.
Thank you! :)

Latest posts

Back