Cabelas

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
I placed my first Cabelas order online last week. This week, needed to make a change to the order. In two phone conversations with them, I spoke to three people who were all exceptional. Friendly, polite, accomodating, knowlegeable. When they didn't have the answer to my question, they got it quickly. Exceptional customer service.

I'm a Cabelas fan.

Always have been a fan of Cabelas...more so than BPS.

Just goes to show you can get too big for your own pants.

You listenin' Johnny?;)

Personally i have never recieved bad service from either of them. BPS has stepped up to the plate for me more then once. The one that sticks out in my mind the most is them taking back a Motorguide charger i bought and replacing it with a Guest after 6 months or so. That Motorguide was a turd and they gladly made it all better for me without hesitation when they didnt have to. Cabellas shipped me a new garmin 240 overnight after they sent me one with missing parts. I still buy plenty from both.

it's boils down to individual stores..........some are good..some bad. I've shopped at the Cabela's by my Mom's house (Dundee, MI), several times and the "service" I recv'd wasn't anything spectacular.....remember it's a typical retail environment...the turnover is unbelievable....sometimes you get a knowledgable associate...sometimes they're clueless. They're both "big box" sporting goods stores now,..so somedays the customer is the WINNER,..and somedays you're the victim of an associate's BAD DAY!! Happens everywhere!!

I tried to return a reel one time to the cabelas stoer with receipt in hand, and they would not take it, so I called the headquarters and sent it back and they shipped me a new one

Comparing call center to call center, Cabelas is on top in my experience. I've ordered a bunch from both over the years and when the eventual problem arises with either one, Cabelas has been the one to handle it satisfactory, immediately. For example, I'm still holding a box of Sabiki rigs ordered in early July for a saltwater trip that were pictured at BPS online. The order was placed and received before the trip, but the rigs weren't close to right. I called prior to the trip, upon arrival of the package, to let them know. I knew they would not get it fixed right away because I was leaving in a day and would be gone for a week. The UPC on the pack matches the item listed, but the item number on the packs is different. (I received #10 Gold Aberdeen hooks like a crappie rig.) I got back from the trip and no message or resolution made. It's now 2 weeks later and still get the same answer that they're "working on it".

I have many friends throughout BPS and hate to see this happen. (Especially to me! LOL!) However, for as many years as I've done online business with both Cabela's and BPS, Cabela's stands on top. The saddest part is that this similar problem has happened to me with BPS online a few other times being "resolved" (if ever) in a similar fashion.

I have never had a problem with either. It has been over ten years since i have shopped at cabela's though. coincidently my 10 year anniversary with BPS is coming up too :)

PUUUHHLLEAASSE!!!!!!!......sucking up here isn't going to get you a BPS promotion Mini!!

LMAO!!!

that is not sucking up Mac. It is the same mentality about people supporting those that support you (or your friends, neighbors etc.)

I know what you mean Mini, but after 11 or so years of dealing with both sides of the issue at BPS, my retired and unencumbered side as a customer has only one side; mine. :D The call center needs a little help is all. The big box chains all have their issues from their volume of sales. Yet, when purchasing online (as Rich's post started) there are companies that stand out with a higher level of service. Tackle Warehouse is another example of a great service company, albeit much smaller than either discussed. In this economy I would hope BPS 2nd Level Customer Service did some better follow up to "keep the cattle from straying." IMHO

Rest assured...if you want THEE BEST CS in the sporting goods industry, bar none......call Ken at KD Outdoors!!

(Neeley,..make the check payable to me..):wub::wub:

Mac

I can't complain about them. when opened there store in buda, Tx. I ordered a garmin fish finder from that store over the phone. I got the fish finder from that store and then two day's after I got hte order inn. Guess what UPS comes to my house again with another delivery with another garmin fish finder from cabella's. How sweet is that? I kept both unit's for the price of one. Cabella's called me from there main office and ask me I had re-ceived two garmin's? I ansered yes. I ask the lady if they were going to charge for both and she said no. Cause it was there mistake for sending two unit. .......So I can't complain there.

Rest assured...if you want THEE BEST CS in the sporting goods industry, bar none......call Ken at KD Outdoors!!

(Neeley,..make the check payable to me..)

Mac

Good point. Need to give Ken some of my business.

To further the point, I just received another shipment from BPS of replacement Sabiki rigs from the past month's debacle. You'll never guess....I got the same WRONG ones again! :lol::wacko: I give up!! It's not worth the time to continue trying to get what I ordered.:angry: I'll just add it to the box of other stuff too frustrating to try and receive correctly. :blink: I know I can find them elsewhere. :(

Oh yeah, I've purchased from Neeley and KD. Another great company with excellent service!! I just don't think Ken would stock Sabiki rigs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shop your stuff on Ebay. No idiot clerk to deal with and you get what you want.

Click, click, ship!!!!!!!!!!!! Technology is a wonderful thing. :lol::lol::lol:

Mac and Mini - Where the HECK IS Ken these days? I haven't heard from him since he signed the deal on his boat last fall!! Tell mybrothafromanothamutha to drop me an email, i'll even pay the call from Shanghai to talk to him!!

Trep

I've had good service from both, and the down right BEST service in ANY marine industry in my 16 years fishing was from a little lady named Sue D. who USED to work for Guest! Dang that is one IMPRESSIVE customer service! Sue ROCKS!

Trep

Neeley is busy! (Thats a goodd thing in this economy). I would asume that he is gearing up for the bow hunting opener.....busy time of year for him!

He is doing good though. I talked to him at a tournament last week.

Latest posts

Back