Discolored vinyl floor panes on 2016 Targa - follow up

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spinner 1

Reaction score
This is a follow up to a post I made last week. The grey/black non skid vinyl floor on a 2016 Targa Combo I bought new in 2016 started turning brown within three years. Now it's an ugly mess. It's not dirty or stained, it's permanently discolored. I'm tired of looking at it and I'm determined to get this issue resolved.

I made templates (not an easy thing to do) and sent them off to Top Deck to get a quote for an EVA foam floor to put over my existing floor. Problems with this approach are as follows;
1.) No guarantee that the adhesive on the back if the product will stick to the vinyl floor.
2.) The (many) round headed stainless screws that secure the floor panels to the boat might be visible bumps under the EVA foam
3.) Cost make the EVA floor for my boat is $1,900.

I talked to a guy in the service department a my local Tracker Marine store about the possibility replacing my discolored panels with new ones. He said he would look into it and get back to me, which he did within an hour after I spoke to him. He said they can replace the vinyl material on the panels for $1,000, materials and labor included. Evidently they remove the panels, remove any hardware attached to them (seat bases, vents, etc.) and them re-cover the panels with the new vinyl. About eight hours of labor involved. Supposedly the vinyl is a new and improved product that won't discolor like my original one did. He said he thinks the floor panels are made of metal. Does anyone here know if that is the case?

I am attaching a picture of my floor for your viewing pleasure. Seem odd to me that there aren't more people on this website who have the same problem. I plan on having them go ahead and do the job for me. I'll let you folks know how I make out.

Attachments

• IMG_5600.jpg
    IMG_5600.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back