Almost a Lake Record

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Caldwell2

Reaction score
Went fishing with a buddy at Lake Arrowhead here in Wichita Falls, TX. A lake that has only caught on as a bass lake within the last 3-5 years. The record LM Bass in the lake is only 9.4 lbs (small for a TX lake of course). I'm in the Air Force and just moved here in Jan and have fished the lake maybe 15 times and the biggest I've hung is a 3 pounder. Yesterday, I took a guy I work with out (his first time on the lake) and we had been fishing about 30 minutes. I was fishing a spinner bait and got a good bite but I missed him. My buddy threw in the same location with a chartruese plastic lizard and hung a 8.13 pound toad; not bad in a lake with a record of 9.4 pounds. He had a very bloody tail so we could tell he had been fanning out a bed for his old lady. So we let him go back and continue his business. I have a soft spot in my heart for bass. I don't even think I'd mount a 13 pounder. I'd get a replica though!

Take care,

Cass

Congratulations on the catch!

I noticed that you are also a Cass, we need to find you a nick name so folks don't get us confused. LOL

Cass :D

Good old Sheppard AFB. Was there in the spring of 1971. Enjoyed the area. Hated those sand storms though!

Thanks for serving

Barry USAF 1970-78

Okay Pheww, I was confused myself, I read something the other day about Cass down South and said wait a minute, I thought Cass was form New England area :wacko:

Thats using that 750 sport dude!!! You get pictures??

For me Cass is short for Cassandra and I am retired Army but work on an Air Force Base in MA.

Bill, I am guessing but I suspect I am just a bit older, but only a little bit because I can't be over 29, errr... I meant 39....ummmm I better stop there because at this rate I won't be able to explain my 20 year old son. How about we go with I have been a NTOWS member since 8/2000 :)

CJL I only live in NH but am a true born and raised Southerner, to be specific a Floridian. :D Starting next year I will be returning to the South next fall to spend winters in NC.

TGIF!!!

Cass :D

Back