YAAAHHHHOOOOO

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
The eagle has landed! She is beautiful. Sorry, no pics yet. I got her home aroung 6:30 last night.

OK, I need your help. I pulled the front seat out of the deck and the bushing came with it. I tried for about 20 mins. to get it off the bottom of the seat. What's the trick with getting it off. I don't want to #@!&* it up. Heat, brute force, WHAT!

LUCK IS THE BEST WAY TO SOLVE THAT PROBLEM. IF YOU RUN OUT GET SOME HELP. BE SURE THEY HAVE PLEANTY OF IT. LUCK THAT IS. GOOD LUCK TODD

Sully,

Mine did the same thing with the rear seat. it didn't want to cooperate by just pushing down on it, so I got a crescent wrench, loosely adjusted it to fit the spindle above the bushing, then Gently tapped down on the crescent wrench (while rotating it around the spindle), and it broke free. I also sprayed some WD-40 on the spindle/bushing before starting. That was my solution that worked on mine, but every situation is different. Hope you get the bushing off.

Glen, I think that will work. My brain was too fried to think of anything "MacGyver" like last night. Thanks!

Try "Break Free" or another silicone lube that will not dry...

congrats on the new boat, use a penatrating oil to help loosen the bushing. afterward use a small amount of wheel bearing type grease on all the pedastals.

tim n

Bicycle shops sell a product called "Phil Woods" waterproof grease... works great for marine applications...

This might be dum...but what did u get? I know its a boat, lol, but what kind?

Latest posts

Back