Woe Is Me

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Leave it to Carlos to make a big, fat TOXIC, liar outta me. If y'all remember last week it was me saying....C'mon get you stuff together, I'm on Crappie, EVERYBODY come, fill the livewells, Woo-Hoo...Carlos takes me up on it and I am ready to help a fellow Virginian feed his family and have fun doin it. I get to the ramp early, toss out about 3 pounds of sand (this ramp is a killer), take my anchor (out of my little pvc boat) and toss it from the dock and ramp to break up the ice, then use my little boat to push the chunks outta the way (wouldn't want Carlos to scratch his glass!!). He gets there with a buddy and we set off to slay some Crappie. What happens??? ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!! 3 guys, 6 lines in the water and we can't put one lousy fish in the boat(s)!!! Carlos flips on his finder in my honey area and according to him is marking more fish than he has ever seen on his electonics!! Could we get em' to bite? NOPE, not one, we switched colors, lures, trolled, vertical jigged....we did everything humanly possible (short of dynamite) to get bit...lockjaw. I have NEVER seen Crappie turn off like that, WHAT HAPPENED?? Opinions please....keep in mind, last weekend same area, same baits, 25 Crappie in 1 1/2 hours....I'm stumped!!

TOXIC

I assume you tried minnows? I use that as an excuse all the time because I dont use em....lol

That is why they call it fishing and not catching son. If it were THAT easy we would all be Bill Dance! LOL

Mini

Been there done that with smallies in a tourney my friend. Also with ice fishing for perch.....the one time I went! LOL We were in 6 feet of water. You could look down the hole and SEE the schools of slabs. One minute they were pounding our baits. Next, they just stopped. Now if they had moved off I could see it, but they didn't they were still down there, just not biting. So if you figure it out, let me know too OK? And we'll both be famous and rich!

I was going to post this on the thread about the cameras....

They make you realize how bad of fisherman we really are...when you fish for an hour on your best spot and dont get bit, then drop the camera and see HUNDREDS of smallmouth......kind of humbling!

Mini

Ha, Ha, Mini..No live bait for me either. I am convinced that they would have turned their nose up at them also!! I was about ready to get out the cast net!! I mean come on, 6 days earlier and I was yankin em' like there was no tomorrow. Bass yes, but Crappie I just never have had them turn off that completly...not a single one!!

TOXIC (sob...sob)

I take it personal!! I'm hurt, very hurt.

It's because you're a horrible guide and fisherman. You have no business on the water. Who were you kidding anyway. You can't fish. Stick to watching football and stinkin up toxic clouds. What's the matter with you? A REAL fisherman could have caught them! LOL Feel better now? LOL If you believe that, I have this secret bait that catches 5 lbers all day, any weather, any water, guaranteed. Just throw it out and reel it in. It will make you good angler again Tox, just a mere $2500 each. But that's nothing for this kind of success. It would have caught those fish.....!!!! LOL Make all checks payable to "LaMoy's gimmick baits and other money making schemes" c/o Rob LaMoy, Plattsburgh NY....

Well there you go....shoulda had minnows!

I remember last fall in the course of 24 hours off the same dock....

Saturday, two guys over 100 crappie all better than 10"

Sunday, over 100 perch....not one single crappie....perhaps you were marking a different species. Better buy that camera!

Mini

Yeah Rob, that's the price for 3 or 4 LuckyCrafts right?! I imagine you'll autograph em' and the fish wouldn't dare refuse to hit em'. I laughed myself to tears the other day, I saw a TV ad for this contraption that was a plastic lillypad with the lure suspended from it (above the water!!!). It made the Banjo Minnow and the Helicopter lure almost believable.

TOXIC

Tox,

That lillypad thing was even in the bassbaster mag! Couldn't believe it. Of course, the next thing we will see is Roland Martin hawking it from down in Florida!

Tex

The "Hover lure" LOL The guy contacted me to promote it. Said he would put me on a commercial and I could get them free after that anytime I needed them. He was really persistent so I gave him a card and told him to send me a sample pack. I figured I could give it to my boy. He never did, must be he found someone more entusiastic about his bait. That's when I decided to design a gimmick bait. You only have to do it once, put it on late night TV and you'll make thousands.

Flying lure

Banjo Minno

Walking Worm

Hover Lure

Tru Motion Minnow

Helicopter lure

What's that new one where the hooks don't come out until you set it? And I know there's more than I listed, but you only have to do one. There's always some gimmick freak looking to buy them. Unfortunately a lot of times it's wives looking to get a REALLY good present for the hubby. Poor hubby! LOL

Poor hubby and RICH manufacturer.....you know it as well as I...there is a sucker born every minute!

Mini

Tox,

Crappie can be just as fickle as Bass. I have had them shut off like that many a day and sometimes hours apart instead of six days! Been sitting right in them and like someone flipped a switch and bam they won't hit anything!!! This can be a very frustrating thing. The bad thing is, you could probably go back tomorrow and catch the hell out of them!

Tim

Tim, I hear ya but to get zeroed when they are thick on the finder is a new one to me. I can always find a stupid one in the bunch.....but not that day. Oh well, that's why we keep comin back....If I had it all figured out, it wouldn't be fun anymore!!

TOXIC

HAHHA Tox,

I am a good fisherman!! Sometimes not to good on the catherman stuff is all. I fish to enjoy being with friends, the area, outdoors and the scenery. To me catching is a byproduct of the stars and the moon lining up. No big deal buddy!!! We both had a good time and found a new area. Area is actually pretty close to Dons house and he may even go there later on.

Thanks for laying the sand and the ice bashing. That ramp would have been...exciting to say the least when we tried to pull the boat out. No snorkles for Carlos in 30 soemthing degree water!!!!

Thansk and do not worry. I still have faith in ya ;-)

Carlos

Saw the same thing last weekend, Tox! Tons of boats all anchored over HUGE schools of crappie and barfish. Nobody would catch anything until the wind gusted from the SW...then it was FISH ON!!

Same schools on Sunday would bite NOTHING! Caught/kept 20 on Saturday (no culling allowed in December), caught ZERO on Sunday!

Thanks guys, I'm beginning to feel better. As for you LaMoy....calling me a bad guide I will take as a compliment!!LOL Besides, all a guide is supposed to do is find water right? You don't mean I actually have to find fish too do you? That'll cost extra. You say you want BIG fish? Even more. Yeah, I'm gettin this guide thing down. The LaMoy system. And Carlos, call me when you want to try again or Lake Curtis (when it's warmer, that lake is TOUGH). We will take my little boat. Tell Don he can call me also.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back