Lake Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
So, I give CIII a call and tell him that the bass ought to be getting ready to put the feed bag on at Lake Anna (aka The Dead Sea):lol: He tells me that he is just getting back off the road and wants to spend some time with the wife......can you believe that.....he would choose being with his wife over taking me fishing?!?!:p:lol: As it turns out I get a call from Eric and he is heading down to his lake house to do yard work and asks if I want to get out Sunday.....problem solved. Actually, I threw my Sponge Bob sleeping bag, a bottle of Jack and a couple of Coke's in the truck and headed down Saturday afternoon. It was ccccccold (40's) Sunday morning and Eric's BassCat was acting up. He had to hold the ignition in the "on" position or it would kill. Ended up being a very good day. Fish are in the slowly withering weeds in the backs of creeks feeding on shad. You don't get many days where you can put a strong pattern together on this lake. We caught fish everywhere we went and I caught this kicker at 1pm. Funny thing was, I caught her in one of my old favorite spots. I'll let y'all guess on the weight because we are all liars anyway:lol::lol: I'll give you a hint...it's under 10 but over 5:lol::lol::p

Anna 2sm.jpg

TOXIC

The coolest thing of all was that it was on a dropshot with 6lb test and a #1 Gamakatsu hook. Sissy fishing at its best!! That is pushing the envelope, everything has to work from the knot, to the rod and reel otherwise you lose!! As I said, these fish were feeding so they all had a lot of energy. She tried to get me back under a dock twice ripping drag that had to be set on the light side due to the 6lb test. Fought like a river fish. Mini is close and was only off because he forgot that I said they were feeding up. The fish was wide and you can't tell from the picture. 5.11 Lake Anna fish are beautiful with the amount of gold they have in them. They shine like a new penny. :lol:

TOXIC

Tox....try it with a pissed off Great Lakes smallmouth and tell me about pushing it to the limit! lol

Not when they break 12lb mono Mini!!

Mike, it was the coldside!! That's what mad it so "special" (in my best Church Lady voice):p

TOXIC

Thanks for the report TOX, Nice fish!! Ive been trying to get up there for the past few weeks. Gonna try again next week.

Mark

Nice fish, Tox! Haven't been to the cold side recently. Too easy to drop on the other. With the reactors off post-earthquake, the fishing was pretty consistent in September. Carter actually out fished me with five in one short afternoon (not bad for a ten year old - although he is no Eli! ;) They certainly didn't get to the size of your toad :p

Going to try to get down there again in early Nov. Been doing too much work travel since Sept. Tight lines!

I've been wondering what the lack of warm water is going to do to those hotside fish. Hope they get the reactors back on line soon because that is the winter fun spot around here!!

TOXIC

The cooler water has caused the fish to rise up in the water column. A bit easier to get some of the small to mid size fish. Carter was thrilled to land a three pounder on his lighter spincast set up when he dragged a lure around an underwater point.

Just checked the Anna Power website. Looks like both reactors are still off line. There is a meeting on November 1 to discuss restart readiness. I'm going down there weekend of the 11th so I'll post a report on hotside fishing (if Bill doesn't beat me to it!).

Latest posts

Back