Wish us luck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
My buddy and former tourney partner Jeff and I are doing our first tournament in about 10 years tomorrow. It's just a small community/friends tourney but we're looking forward to competing again. It's a small chain of 5 or 6 lakes connected by channels near Hell MI. We pre-fished a couple weeks ago and found 1/2 the docks underwater. With the rain we've been getting, we still may have high water.

I have to supply all the tackle tomorrow because Jeff left his tackle box on the back deck when we went to check out another area when we pre-fished. FYI He thinks he left the top unlatched, so it didn't float! :(

Gene

Good Luck!! Sure you don't need the MVM to come pre-fish it for you!!:lol::lol: BTW, the SPRO Little John is outlawed in the tournament regs!!

TOXIC

good luck Geno......based on the way you whack'em on clair......everyone else will be fishing for 2nd place!!

LOL That would SUCK!!! The Little John has been one of my go to baits. :wub: And to think of it, I have you to thank for introducing me to them here on the board. :D I have 2 more coming that were B/O last month. I was hoping they would be here for the MVM. :angry:

I hope so Mac, Daddy needs a new guitar amp! :D

I haven't heard that one in a while Carlos! :lol::lol: Some one did say Gene Gene the fishin' machine out on St. Clair though. :) You think seein' the boys in their Daisy Dukes is bad, watch me dance!!! You can't get enough alcohol in me for that one!!!

Gene

HAHA On the alcohol and dancing! See, I BET you could dance if you came out a night or so for the MVM! Mini has a drink that makes ya want to dance!!

We lost only one Little John this year, dang pike ate it! But, Hammer hooked me up with a spare! This one has two hooks on it now, as I cut the other off after it was in my finger. It is noww on my wall of fame

Gene, you should have said something. I always carry a bunch. Let me know what you use and I'll hook a brother up.

TOXIC

Thanks for the offer, I use 2 of each style and color. ;):D I have 6 or 7 in 4 diff colors(at least I will when the last 2 get here) so I should be all set. I caught a couple pike this past weekend on them. Luckily they hit the bait and not the line.

I have a hook hanging on my wall too Carlos. My tourney partner got me with a rattle trap about 12 years ago.

We had a tough day on the water Saturday. We caught a bunch of fish between 12 and 13 7/8 inches, the legal size here is 14. We got 2 keepers to weigh and we still finished in fourth place. Everyone below us blanked.

Gene

Eli and I LOVE the SPRO Little johns!!

Great to place 4th after that long Gene!!

Thanks Trep, if my partner would have caught a single keeper we would have had 3rd for sure and poss 2nd. We were less than half a pound out of 3rd and only a pound or so from 2nd. 2nd and 3rd both only weighed in 3 fish. It was fun and there was talk of doing it again in August. :)

Gene

Great finish Gene! It's a good feeling to just place when in such adverse conditions. Now you have a reason to get on the water more and have your partner "practice" to start pulling his weight! :lol: Worse case scenario, it almost is a believable excuse to give Momma and ditch some chores to hit the pond!! Good luck and good job! ;)

HaHa Thanks Dan, any excuse is a good excuse! We threw almost everthing we had at them. The top 2 teams got most of theirs on spider jigs. I only had 1 rod left in my locker at the end of the day......my jig rod!

Gene

Latest posts

Back