Pure Luck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
My partner and I went out prefishing on Saturday and I told the wife I would be able to get to the "Honey Do" list on Sunday afternoon. She grudgingly obliged me this time! We we get home later and I take the family to eat. When I get home I see my partner had called and left a very excited message stating that we were wrong on our dates and that we have a tournament tomorrow and have to leave by 1:30am! I call him back and yep he was right.

Well, long story short, no pre-fishing or even seen the lake this year and we finish second. Caught over 20 keepers and about 70 fish for the day. Had one of the only 6 limits weighed in for over 10 lbs. Guess dumb luck does happen from time to time.

Hope everyone is having a good year on the water!?

Randy!

By not pre-fishing, it makes you look at the water and make on-the-spot decisions and you don't have the opportunity to "overthink" your patterns. Some are of the opinion that pre-fishing actually is a bad thing????????? Glad you did well.

TOXIC

That is great news! Congrats.

I'm taking the approach that I will fish our club's tourneys on a different lake and phone message my results to the actual weigh in site; I do much better on lakes when I haven't paid an entry fee.

Thanks Tox. I certainly had to make a spot decision. They killed the grass, and this lake is usually full of it. We drew a great number, ran to our spot and bare as a baby's behind. Luckily everyone already knew this and there was a conga line around the one major drop to deep water around the lake. Everyone thought we were crazy. Big bass was caught on a jig in 15 feet of water! Not by me!

Good fishing!

Latest posts

Back