Who You sponsored by

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Dallaire

Reaction score

Well just curious who everybody is sponsored by?

Would it not be nice if we could have a section of the forum that would be dedicataed to business' looking to sponsor anglers. It would be like a match maker site without the spooning!

John

Lunkerhunt Pro Staff

Oziles Cafe marina tackle

Okuma

Bass Pro Shops

Redhead Appearel

XPS

KMR Lures

Navionics

Scales and Tales

Wired2Fish.com

Leverage Landing Nets

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Red DiRT Bait Company

Denali Rods

KD Outdoors

KMR Lures

Percussion Tungsten

Lunch Money Lures

There's no shortage of anglers looking to get sponsored, but there are not many companies out there putting pro-staff on and many are reducing staff and not renewing contracts. At least that is the way it is with my sponsors. As a matter of fact, I might have lost one of my oldest sponsors but it was time. CastAway makes a fine rod, they have been around a loooong time, actually some of the most durable rods I know of. My partner in the guide service came back to CastAway from Falcon, there is another guide on the lake sponsored by them and he actually runs the tackle shop at Anna Point so I know they have got great coverage in my part of the country. They have also gone through many personnel changes and were at last check, requiring quarterly reports, etc. I never had to do the reports in the past but would send periodic updates. I use another sponsors rods most of the time anyway, Bass Pro Shops takes very good care of me in the Rod and Reel area so in order to keep CastAway happy I was going to have to do double duty with JLM/BPS rods. I do not double up on sponsors meaning no double dipping on products. Bass Pro sells it all but I don't consider that a conflict since they sell my other sponsors products as well. They don't carry KeelShield anymore (they carry KeelGuard and it is inferior) but do carry some of their other products. My sponsor list is:

Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits

Bass Pro Shops

KeelShield

SPRO

Gamakatsu

CastAway Graphite Rods

Sturgeon Creek Marina

GUEST Chargers

Radley Chevrolet

TOXIC

I have had a few great years with my sponsors that I fully support and thank for the opportunity to work with. Too many anglers looking for "sponsors" don't realize that it is more of a business partnership than anything to do with fishing. My advice to someone wanting sponsors....know what sponsorship is and what it means first.....then look locally. Too many people wanting free stuff. Here are my wonderful partners in business:

BTS (Bow to Stern) Protectant

KVD Line and Lure Conditioner

Stahlman Powersports (Rolla, MO)

Hi-Tech Collision (Rolla, MO)

www.thebassholes.com

I have my one and only sponsor - my back pocket, and it's empty :lol::lol:

Looking forward to being boatless bank trash after 13 years of owning a boat.

I am also sponsored by my own wallet and i would not have it any other way.

For me i dont want to have to be a salesman and i also dont want to feel obligated to use a sponsors product if there is something else out there i may like more.

Just me and of course my loving wife :lol:

But then again I don't fish any tournaments or have a desire to do so.;)

Other than product what do MOST sponsors give their staff?

The fine tax payers of Arlington County Virginia

....since i dont fish tournaments much anymore....I consider those folks that help me equipement friends as well as sponsors. I trade out my time for helping them sell and market.......:)

Baitbar, I have local sponsors that give cash. No different than sponsoring a softball team or something like that. I promote their business and use their business and it is a tax write off for them so it is a win win. I actually ask for less than it would cost to sponsor a softball team here. Sure products are great, but when you tournament fish, products don't pay entry fees, lodging and gas money.

Bass Pro Shops

Navionics

KMR Lures

RedHead

World Wide Sportsman

XPS

Gamakatsu

SPRO

Scales and Tales :)

KD Outdoors:D

Skeeter

LunchMoney Lures

KMR Lures

Humminbird

Minn Kota

Scales and Tales :wub:

I gotta work on a FUEL sponsor!!!:angry:

I'm down to three; me, myself, and I. :lol: I've had some great, generous and caring sponsors over the years and have made many, many good friends in the industry, but with two growing boys I prefer the title of Dad. I fish for the enjoyment of the sport and quality time with my boys and friends. :)

Not a damn thing wrong with that Dan!

Lets see, as of late.......none!

Was on staff with Minn Kota but they "regionalized" sponsorships and my rep won't return my calls. Hmmmm.

Was on staff with Castaway but some time back they let just about everyone north of the Dixon that didn't have some big wins to their name go in lieu of having a few big names they put on payroll.

Was on with Guest chargers, but then Sue left and now....well I just don't know anymore. Haven't heard from anyone in over 2 yrs. Still run and promote their products though.

So like a few guys here, now it's just me...and sometimes my biggest fan...my ma! She's always pitching in even though I tell her not to. 37 yrs old and my mom still pays for some of my fishing gear :lol:

Nuttin' wrong with that Rob,.....every year my Mom gives me a b-day check that I use to buy my DNR ramp sticker!! Mom's RULE!! :wub:

Well due to bad management of funds I lost one of my biggest sponsors since they went out of business!! I did alot of work for them and it was well worth it, I know one part of the company branched off and I'm still hoping they will keep us on, will just have to wait an see.

Bass Boat Saver

Vicious Fishing

Kipper Sticks Custom Rods

Honey Creek Tackle

Wee Vee Transducer Armor

HeavyCover Spinnerbaits

IBM... get a pension check, and a pay check from them :D

I drank the proceeds from Crown Royal and they dumped me!! :lol:

I just fish for fun anyways. If I did do tourneys, a fuel sponsor would be good to have. I went on vacation for a week and saw that gas is at $3.82 last night and climbing.

Add me to the me myself and I list. No time to fish tourneys and worry about sponsors.

uuuhhhmmmm,

i'm currantly without the provisions of a benifactor for my tourney fishing,

circumstances made my departure from then unavoidable.

but i would be happy to entertain offers, my sales record is spectacular and

i very rarly pee in the pool.:rolleyes::cool:

Davetnitro - That should be - Sponsored by Trep, who's actually billable and generating revenue at IBM after 11 years on the 'dole' as an expense!!!

I'm boatless bank trash for now while in China. Haven't had a sponsor yet, though was on the Humminbird field test program for years.

So I guess when I had the tracker and the nitro I was sponsored by... Mrs. Trepper!!

LOL!!

Trep

I have two of the VERY BEST sponsors! They have never failed me, or asked for a report.

United State Goverment (Retired Vet)

and a Very understanding wife.

Skip

Latest posts

Back