The Fall Bite on Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well, since it seems a few are brave enough to try Lake Anna and I told you all about a good fish I got off of the cold side on Monday, I'll go into a little detail. First let me say that as tough as Anna is, there are some real wall hangers in the lake. The best time to tie into one is in the spring and the fall since that is when the big dogs come out of their hiding places to eat. Teddy usually gets a couple of 9 lb'ers every year (big hoochie mama's as he calls them)but his favorite time is the spring (pre-spawn). We are at the beginning of the fall bite and water tempratue combined cold fronts will dominate how you fish. The fish right now are scattered with some on the shallow fall pattern and some hanging in deep water (points and drops) waiting for Mother Nature's signal to head shallow and fatten up for winter. For me it is always plastics unless I have a real good reason to go otherwise. When thy move up in mass, it'll be topwater heaven but that bite only lasts for a week or 2 at the most. Mid-Lake has been the most productive for me right now with some being on the weedlines and on docks.

Case in point:

Green Pumpkin/Black Fleck Senko, weightless, 6lb test, 3 ft of water, shallow dock, clear water.

This was Monday:

10-05fishsm.JPG

I might be out again Sunday if anyone wants to hook up.

TOXIC

Nice fish! What are the surface temps this time of year where you are fishing?

Looks like a 3lb'er...and you look like a 250lb'er!!! :lol::D:lol:

Nice Fatty...I'm talikn' bout the fish!:lol:

I LOVE fall fishin' Tox....don't you?

Latest posts

Back