Sold the Nitro Z-7-question for bob b.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Bradley

Reaction score
Hey guys, sold the Nitro Z-7 and of course now work has picked up... which im thankful for. Been thinking about purchasing the Pro team 190 {Bass Tracker} with the mercury optimax 115 upgrade instead of the 90. Just like some opinions of the upgrade. Im told the all weld tracker is probably one of the best aluminum boats on the water, and upgrading to the 115 would make it a select boat, and the new 115 is quite a performer compared to the 90 even though its the same engine block. Sure would appreciate some thoughts on this matter. Thanks. Fred.

I own a tournament V18 that has been replaced in the Tracker lineup by the Pro 190. It has an optimax 115, and I LOVE it.

I hear the 115 is the way to go and ive heard nothing but great things about the tracker lineup aluminum boats. Think im gonna go for it. Just curious what makes the 115 a better performer than the 90 since its the same block but as i said, i hear the 115 is what really makes the Pro 190 stand out. Thanks again and any more comments welcome. My only concern would be steering torque since it doesnt have hydraulic steering but im told its so minimal it would not be worth the investment of hydraulics. Would appreciate any comments on the 115 and the steering torque. Thanks, Fred.

My V18 has antifeedback steering and steering torque is no problem. I get better fuel mileage with this boat than I did my old old that had a 40hp motor. Once the motor was broken in, oil and gas consumption fell to almost nothing.

do i have to order antifeed back or is that standard on the Pro 190... im guessing thats just a term for the cable steering???

Congrats on the work pick-up!

The motor....all of the 1.5 litre Opti's are based on the same block. Same pistons, rods, bore / stroke, etc. What makes them differ in horsepower? PCM calibration, throttle body restrictors, and some reed valve differences. You see, they are all more or less "125's", then detuned. Very reliable I might add. Go with the largest you can afford. "You don't have to use the extra HP if you don't want...but it's lousy to want more and not have it.....";)

Thanks Bob, really appreciate all of your advice and input, how about the steering, a little nervous about going from hydraulic to cables, but im told the torque is so minimal is why hydraulics is not offered in the pkg. Any additional thoughts on that?

The boats we have sold are equipped with conventional cable steering. Honestly, no complaints. ;)

Latest posts

Back