Help from Bob B. or anyone

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff McLeod

Reaction score
New 2012 Nitro Z6 with Mercury 115 optimax Pro XS. Have about 3 hrs of break in on it. Motor cranks and idles fine. Will bog down sometimes when coming out of hole but runs good at higher RPM once on plane. But....If I back it down to 3000 RPM the motor begins to skip and lose power and RPMS fall off. Bump it up to 3200 and it smooths out. Folks at Bass Pro said Mercury Marine told them the 115 would do that because of the ECM not knowing what to do? I don't understand a new motor that won't operate smoothly throughout the RPM range. Is this common in all Merc 115's or just mine. Sure could use some advise. Want to handle this the right way but am not ready to give up and accept as is. Thanks.

That would be the first I've heard of the "ECM not knowing what to do". Have it scanned at another shop. I have not seen one do this? An operating fuel / air pressure check would also be in the cards.

Back