Silver Lining

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Everybody knows my extreme displeasure about being here in Florida. I am having some trouble being away from the family. I finally figured out why. Normally when I hit the road, for no matter how long, I always knew I was coming "home" at sometime. Now "home" is here in Florida and I travel out of this office. I am having a hard time getting back to Virginia as well. Well, this week I got a little silver lining to my black cloud. On a whim, I called my son in Omaha (who still lives with my ex) and told him that I thought it would be good for him to get a change in his life. To say he is not motivated is an understatement. He graduated college with a degree in computers but chooses to live with his mother and his stepdad (who could give a hoot whether he is there or not)and work part time in an ACE hardware. My wife and I have been trying to get him to come to Virginia for years. This week he called me and told me that he was moving down here with me. I am extatic!! For those of us who had a trial marriage before they got it right, and there are children involved, know how much you miss with those kids. I had him as much as I possibly could, no matter where we lived but it still wasn't enough for me. Maybe I'm a little off-base but I truly feel that I can contribute to his life and possibly make up a little bit for all of the time we missed together. His decision made things come a little more into focus. Now I know I need to get a 3 bedroom house, I am seriously considering bringing the boat down and to top it off, I got with a realtor who said that it should be possible for me to find a place on the water, either the Inter-coastal, the St. Johns river or any number of lakes close-by. The house will allow the wife, daughter and dog to come down anytime. In the meantime, I can be with my son. The right situation will also allow me to entertain any of the MVM/friends/family that want to get away from winter's cold teeth. Things are looking up!!

Gotta go....got an invitation to fish a private pond where there are supposed to be some HAWGS cruisin around!!:lol:

TOXIC

Glad to here the news. Hopefully you can make up for some lost time. What part of Florida are you in? Dont be surprised if I show up at your door with a fishing pole in hand.

Anytime TC. Currently I am in Palm Coast (1/2 way between Jacksonville and Daytona) but I will be looking for a place closer to Jacksonville.

TOXIC

Thats Great Tox, I had a similar situation about 8 years ago. They need us for sure!!

Mark

Hot Dam! There is a silver lining in some of the most surprising places... Just imagine you are a twenty something Toxic and have an opportunity to bask in the good life in and around Daytona.... I can see his motivation ... I'd move in with you and I'm not even a relative... All kidding aaside, that is cool... An opportunuity for a bit of a "do-over" for both of you...:cool:

Glad for ya TOXIC....definately an exciting time for you.

Tox you can't believe I have been through the same thing..It's really a blessing to be able to make up for lost time I do It as often as I can...You won't believe how things move so fast..Take It from an old man who knows... Just got my third great grandaughter..well 2 great grandaughters and one great Grandson....Time Flys Buddy..Congrats on his future with your guidance....JR

Alos I lived In Okeechobee for 15 years Off and On....Loved It back In the 70s...StJohns river great fishin....

Thanks JR..and everyone else, I consider this a prime opportunity to re-connect but like Greg said, I'm hoping he doesn't consider this an extended vacation because it won't be. Part of MY motivation is to get him pointed in the right direction and that means job/rent/responsibilities, etc. I've already been warned by my wife to cut him some slack and be patient (she knows me all too well!!).

Got to explore the intercoastal this weekend by boat. Went all the way from Palm Coast up to St. Augustine. Sporting a good Florida sunburn today!! The scenery here is nice. Also lipped my first Florida bass....a dink but a bass nonetheless.

TOXIC

Tox, I have a few friends on that side of the state. I need to get you in touch with Chuck Economou. He has retired from competitive fishing and is living in Palm Bay. He knows plenty of places to fish. Should help with th learning curve...

Thanks for the call this a.m. Tox,......good talking to you!! Have fun down there and good luck...having Travis around should be fun too!!;) (I wonder who's going to be watching WHO in THAT situation!!..LOL)

Keep in touch!!

Mac

Try looking in St John's county. It's a bit high but beautiful. My old roommates son lives there. He's a trophy husband for a wealthy lady. I visit the area every couple of years so you may want to get an unlisted number.

Fatrap

Great news to hear!! You guys will have a great time while getting the young'un some time in the real world. I'm in and out of N FL often, if y'all get a chance to hook up. You are in an awesome location! HAVE FUN!!! :D

Latest posts

Back