Scratch and chip repair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
Ok here are the photo's of the damage I got on vacation. Suggestions on how to proceed?

EPSN0300.JPG

These are for the most part in the clear coat above the flake layer.

In the bottom photo, there is also a sctratch on the gunwale above the rubrail.

EPSN0303-1.JPG

Gene

thats some nasty damage. do you have insurance?

i'd do some research and find the best glass repair guy in your area, make sure he is good with flake, most aren't best bet is to ask all the local tourney guys who they use.

they will almost always have a consensus of the best shops.

if you are anywhere near pembroke ma. i'd tell you j&d fiberglass

i wish you luck.

how did you do that to your boat anyway?

Tied to a dock and the wave action from very strong winds rubbed my 3/8" dock line through and let the boat get pushed forward to a cut off post. The bottom pic is damage from the boat on the other sides kicker motor. I'm near lansing MI and I'm hoping I can take care of it my self.

Most of the damage is in the clear layer over the sparkles.

Gene

saw you post about your trip to canada. now i know how eeaakk.

pay the deductable and get it done the right way. you be glad you did later.

nothing looks worse than a repair you can tell was repaired.

a good shop will make it good as new.if you've never done glass work you have no chance and you could mess it up so bad it can't be fixed properly.

figure it out by the fishing hour. ( if you fish 800 hrs a year for the next 5 years)

thats 25 cents(1/2 a bag of senkos a day) an hour to have your boat look beautiful while you fish.

worth it if you ask me?

Joe, I agree with you, pay the deductible and get it done right.

But, where do you get Senkos for 50 cents a bag !

ken,

i'm sorry if your fishin day is only two hours long. my refrance said "if you fish 800 hrs a year that comes to 25 cents an hour."

this adds up to half a bag of senkos a day (.25x8= 2.00) a littel less than 1/2 a bag at current prices but that just exemplfies my point.

Latest posts

Back