Prop help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Lorton2

Reaction score
I have a new to me 2006 PT175 with a 50 merc. First time out today, motor ran at 5600 RPM with the stock prop 14P I think. I want a SS prop, which pitch should I get. I know the SS props are smaller in diameter but I forgot which way to go.

I have a 2004 pro crappie 50HP 2stroke that came stock with a 13P alum prop and I changed it last year to a 14P stainless prop (michigan wheel) I picked about 3 mph I can tell its a bit slower taking off but I think 14P is about perfect, ordered mine from iboats.com you may want to check their price mine wasnt much more than an aluminum prop and it was delivered to me in about 3 days.

I can't find the Michigan Wheel Rapture in a 14 pitch. I found 13 and 15. The only SS props iboat has in a 14 are Stilletto. Should I get the 15p?

The prop I'm using can be found on page 41 here. http://www.michiganwheel.com/MIWheel/pdf/obsd_03.pdf

I think 15p will be too much. A local prop guru told me that as long as everything was ok with the aluminum keep the same pitch when switching to stainless but raise the motor 1 hole. Sooner or later I'll get my motor raised.

Michigan doesn't make the 033028 any more. It's either the Rapture or Apollo. I ordered the Apollo with the XHT (replaceable hub), 10 3/8 x 14P. It was $198 w/hub, the Rapture was 249. I also replaced the Lowrance x37 with a Lowrance M68c/s map. So far I love it, a little expensive but it has some great features.

Latest posts

Back