2005 Nitro NX750 Repower

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy D

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Nitro NX750 with a 6" manual jack plate, and a 2006 Merc 115 Opti that is losing cylinder 3. I got a good deal on a 2014 Merc 150 Pro XS and should have it installed the first/second week of Jan 2024. I've been trying research a prop setup but there's not a lot out there. The Nitro 882 is a similar boat and 3" longer and I've read that most are running a 23-24P. I know this set up is going to have the potential to be too fast and out of control but that is not what I am looking for. I want a strong out of the hole (which I have never had) and descent top speed with good handling/holding power. I was thinking a 4 blade to slow the speed down a little and still be able to hit the right RPM range, but open to any suggestions you all might have.

Yes it is 135 max. The 135 is also a 6 cylinder and the exact same weight (431 lbs) as the 150 pro XS i put on. I tested the setup with a Laser 2 25P and it was a little too much pitch. I am testing a 24P trophy 4 blade this weekend to see if I can get my RPM's closer to 58k. I will say this, I will NEVER have a problem getting on plane again.

Latest posts

Back