prop for verado

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Rice

Reaction score
have a new 911 cdc w/ 250 verado, hole shot stinks, running 5800 rpm @ 68 mph. have a 25 pitch tempest right know, does any one have a good idea on right prop for this boat

I'm not a prop setup guru, but doesn't that engine need to turn a lot more RPM? Maybe try going down to a 23" Tempest or Trophy. Find someone's that you can borrow or go to the mercury website and they have prop shops that have demo props you can try out before you buy.

I would go with Pat's recommendation first. He is the gura of all things fast and high performance around here. Plus Merc tends to put the right stock prop on at the factory. By simply removing a couple of plugs, you could cavitate properly and get the lift you need. I had to remove one from my Tempest. Now holeshot isn't the word. You can't even SAY "holeshot" and it's out.

If that doesn't work, try Jim's advice and ask Pat for what prop to switch to.

Do you have a jackplate on the boat? That's another way to only improve holeshot and top end.

Latest posts

Back