Please Share Your Special Order Experience with Bass Pro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you nailed it when you said that 'your timing might not be the best'. Personally I wouldn't sell my boat until I took delivery of my new boat.

Don't blame the dealer for not having enough last year's models for you to choose from. They have been for sale for quite some time now and you could have bought one when they were plentiful. Either settle with what they have left or wait for exactly what you want in next year's model.

I'm not trying to sound harsh but you put yourself into this position.

Personally I would wait for what you want. I know it may take some time but you will be happier in the end.

I am reminded of a sign at work. It reads, "A lack of proir planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!"

I ordered mine through BPS in April. It took 2-3 weeks for my new rig to get here. The only thing I added to the build sheet was a second GPS/Depth finder. That delayed it 1 day, and it was added by BPS at BPS.

Now, Keep in mind, I have a Tracker Targa. I don't have any experience with the Nitro line. It could be different with the bass boats.

I ordered mine 9/28/11, picked up the Boat 11/30/11! I ordered it with lots of options. It got held up due to them running out of the XS motor. I wanted to get it home before the snow flew. So I had them just put on a regular Optimax, which the Factory had in stock.

Had problems with the motor for a bit. But am very happy now, Boat has been great!:)

I ordered a new boat thru BPS in early 2010, it came in end of March. I ordered several options, custom colors, different carpet color, upgraded engine and TM and a tandem trailer. Everything came out perfect and two weeks before I expected it. The trailer wasn't ready, so they shipped the boat on a single axle trailer so the dealer could start rigging it. Trailer came in two days later and they switched it over.

I was very happy with the whole process, boat turned out perfect and I haven't had any issues with the boat in two+ years.

Yes Doug, I got everything I wanted and expected.

Something you should know........

Once you sign on the new rig, and walk out of BPS, Do NOT expect any contact what so ever from them until your new rig arrives on the lot. If you want information or updates, you will have to call them. SOmetimes,...(alot of times) they act like your bothering them. I personally do NOT care if I am bothering them or not. If you spend $3?000 and you want to know what the status of delivery is, you should get it with a smile on their faces...not an attitude.

Now, once your rig arrives everthing changes. One of the best customer services on the market. Great service for the boat as well. Boat has been in twice already.

(1st time) The wires from the charger to the TM batteries where too short,,,,If the batteries shifted any it would disconnect the wires. Problem solved on the spot! Never even unhooked it from the truck.

(2nd time)20 hour service & adding extra cleats (factory matched) to the gunnels & retrieve running light that was lost in a rod tube.

They had to order the cleats from Tracker Marine so that took a couple days. 6 day turn around for everthing. They even filled my engine with DFI oil. that saved me $36.00!!!!

Good luck and keep us informed with what you decide

No, I have no experience ordering a Nitro from BPS. All I was stating is that for you to get the boat you want you will probably want to wait for next year, which you already seemed to acknowledge when you stated that your timing might not be the best.

I was not trashing you in any way, although it may have come off like that. If it did I'm sorry.

I hope you end up getting the boat you want with all of the options and colours that make you happy!

Post pictures!

Make sure you order everything you want,I was debating on the brakes on the trailer, I called to order the brakes but the boat was already in production, the brakes though nitro was around 470.00, they could not add them at that point and bass pro wanted 1300.00 to add the brakes after the fact. If I decide I need them at this point I will install them myself. I am pulling a Z7 with a 2011 ford super crew f150 4x4. Doesn't seem to have any problems at all.

Without going into all of the details about my experience last year, what Mattc says is absolutely critical, order everything, I mean everything you want up front and then don't dissappoint yourself when the deadline is not met, because it won't happen. Why is this I hear you ask? The guy or girl at BPS can and will only give you an estimate of what they are told at the time and that's generally what a consumer wants to hear in order to make a sale.

Someone also mentioned that they won't contact you, correct, you will need to chase them and I mean in person, forget email and phones.

The most critical thing I believe in my book is when you pick up your rig, go over everything with a fine tooth combe before you leave, agree in writing on anything that's not's satisfactory before you tow it away.

Then, above all, shake the hand of who's been helping you, thank them for being so helpful through the process, then ask for the Managers name. Make a point of calling or dropping a note to that Manager naming the person that helped and I can guarantee you one thing, if you need warranty or help, you will be given priority.

It may sound a little sloppy and brown nosing, but to offer your thanks and 5 minutes of your time can make a world of difference.

Latest posts

Back