night fishing favorite tactic?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Going to head out tomorrow night and help my partner practice for an upcoming tournament. This is a 7 - 7 time frame.

What's your favroite tactic for night fishing?

Thanks guys

Both eyes closed with my head on a pillow.. I ain't been out at night is so many years...I forget.

BF

Buzz bait or a big old hula popper or one of those crazy walkers or a jitter bug are all favorites of mine for night time fishing. Enjoy it can be loads of fun.

I'd say I get out at night about 75% of the time, due to work, and crowds, gotta love anything that makes a commotion on the surface......buzz baits, poppers, even a very shallow crankbait especially if it's noisy,(rattlin').

sounds like you'll be done before dark, but that hour to hour and a half before sunset can be sweet at times......

Good luck with your tourney! egMike

Buzz baits, jitterbugs and such - Black. Make sure they make noise and get close to cover as possible. Earlier this spring, a couple of friends from my bass club were fishing a weekly night tourney on Wylie. Their pattern was black buzz baits fished parallel to rip rap. They said, they just about had the buzz baits bouncing off the rocks.

Tex

Buzz baits and a 8-10 inch plastic worm with 4.0 hook. All in black. Pull the worm at a steady pace....it's killer late at night in 3-10 foot water (in the south usa). All my fish over 9 lbs came on one of these two baits fished at night this time of year.

Good luck and run your lights!!

LT in Georgia

Can't beat a good ol' Jitterbug. Just make sure you check the little screws that hold the metal bill to the bait.

Twice I have set the hook on a fish and came back with nothing but the metal bill tied to my line.

good posts. i've been thinkin about giving night fishing a try for bass also. read in a magazine though that it would be a good idea to get some clear glasses in case one of the lures comes flyin back at ya.

jd

Well, we did ok, few small ones. I caught one on a popper and two more on a black senko. He caught most of his on a black / blue senko and also black / chart. Nothing on a lizard, nothing on a buzz bait.

I'm glad it's his tournament and not mine this time!

OK, here is a killer night bait for hawgs. Use a 1/2 to 3/4 single hammered copper colorado blade (6) black spinnerbait tipped with a black prok frog. Reel it just slow enough to turn the blade. I use the Shimano 38 Curado with a 3.8:1 retrive which forces you to slow down.

Hang on,

Grumpy

Latest posts

Back