New Ranger Z series

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Anyone else super pumped about seeing the new Z series being unveiled at the Jacob's cup in a few weeks? Man, I've heard a few "rumors" but I still can't wait. Last I heard, the 520 was getting a little revamp and WILL BE the RIDE to own! As if it weren't already. Wish I could be there to see them up close. You know when Ranger puts this much hype into something new....it's something BIG and awesome. Match it up with Merc's Verado and you have one awesome 21st century bass rig!

Now to sell that extra kidney so I can get one......

The Z series will be the ride to own. Will be available in 19, 20 and 21 foot. I asked Forrest Wood about it, he told me they only showed him a picture on the way to the classic. Also was told that Randy Hopper said it was the best boat he has ever driven....to quote Mr. Wood "Randy has never said that before"

The only picture they showed was of the windsheild and front of the counsel.....looks NOTHING like a Ranger. Also heard a rumor that it will outrun a Skeeter with the same powerplant.....this aint gonna be your father's Ranger :)

Mini

Well that's just great "me". Somehow, I'm not surprised. But I am!!! And you can bet your nightie I'll be saving my pennies to get one. Especially if they're that quick.

When Forrest was up for the FLW, Kenny and I were talking with him. When Forrest asked him, Kenny said "I run the R83".

Forrest just replied, "Yup. One of my fastest hulls!" Boy he ain't lyin'!!! Now that kind of speed, hole shot, and handling but in a 20+ foot rig......yeah baby!

AND all the benefits that come along with owning a Ranger......sweeeeeeet!

Including, in your case, the "attitude".

(This comment does not apply to other posters in this thread.)

Ya know there queen sheeba, if you don't care about Rangers....here's a HINT....try simply NOT posting in the thread. I know it would take great restraint on your part, but for once, for the love of all that is normal and good....SHOOOOO fly, you're bothering me!

I'm quite certain folks here would rather here about cutting edge technological break throughs in the bass boating world than half the crap YOU put on here. 'Nuff said.

And I have the attitude? Haa...that's rich...it really is.

Rob,

My buddy has a Ranger Comanchee 522, with a 225 Merc. I have not been in many bass boats but I think it's safe to assume that is the most comfortable boat to fish in. If I had the money I would buy one in a heartbeat. If that new one is anything like the 522 maybe I will save my pennies for one too!

You can fit a small tackle shop in those 522's. Only drawback's are it's a little tough getting used to fishing around obstacles like docks and such and trailering in my opinion.

Im not what one would call a "Ranger guy" but im looking forward to seeing what this new boat is all about. Any time a new model somes out its neat to see the new features and design's. When comepanies keep coming out with new stuff and keep being innovative it makes all the other boat companies follow suit and that leads to better boats for all of us. Take for instance the Triton X boat, I think the retractable ladder is such a nice feature and can be a real lifesaver and the layout is first rate. As far as the new Ranger goes i hope they address one of thier biggest shortcomings in my opinion and put in a livewell that holds 30+ gallons. Livewell size is a big reason i wouldnt buy a Ranger today.

save pennies, huh?

Let's assume it's a $40,000 outfit: (low end???)

If I start now, and save, let's say 1 penny a day...it would be 10959 years before I had enough money saved up...

10 pennies a day? 1095 years...

100 pennies a day? 110 years

1000 pennies a day? 11 years (think of that...$10 a day still takes 11 years...)

Of course, this assumes NO Inflation...

If my math is correct (or even if it's not), it only means one thing:

TIME TO GET BUSY!!!

az

Staci/Scott/me....WHATEVER you're going by now...I've had quite enough of your nonsense. Quite frankly YOU are big part of the reason I don't frequent this board that much anymore and when I do....there YOU are trying to start crap like this. I avoid your posts in an attempt to be an adult and yet you can't seem to do the same. YOU are the only one here that has hi-jacked this post and had nothing to say either positive nor negative with regards to the original post. Your post is one thing and one thing only, like most of your posts, a feeble attempt at getting some sort of attention drawn to yourself. So other than this post I will no longer acknowledge you.....now GO AWAY.

CJL, you ain't kidding. Those things are like aircraft carriers. I always say, if all I fished was Champlain and the great lakes, I'd LOVE a 522. BUT fishing smaller waters, or flooded timbers means having to turn it around in tight backwaters and the 522 just isn't made for that. Plus they're a real bi+c# to park and manuver.

But they are HUGE and handle rough water nice. I don't think I could fill one with ALL my tackle including the stuff I have in the garage and my boy's stuff. They must double as RV's or houseboats cause you can sleep in the rod lockers! LOL

Jim, I think you're going to see a new bar being raised with these bad boys.

Jim -

I'm with you on the ladder! GREAT idea! I wish it were standard on all bass boats.

me!

Rob, thats cool. All that will do is make everyone else have to play a little catch up and that means better boats for all of us in the future. Improvement is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Hey Chris does your buddy with the 522 also belong to CJBB ? I know that there has been a guy at the meetings named Monty who has a 522. ON the subject of the new "Z" series I'm hoping that that will bring the price down of the 520's slightly. Another plus is that there is going to be a bunch of guys that are going to want the newest toy so there might also be a number of 520's out there that a year or two old . That two reasons I'm waitong a year or two at the least before I seriously look for a 520

Tom, YUP that's him.

I went to Hopatcong on Saturday again, That place is tough fishin.

But I did learn that I will be going to Lees park from now on. Real nice clean bathroom for the wife and kids.

Yeah Chris, Lees park is a nice ramp . I get a kick out of the two old timers that run the place . They're just laid back ,I guess they enjoy the free show they get every weekend watching the nuts launch their boats. Better then Chick at Floraines he is like the boat Nazi . I know he has limited space for trucks and trailers but sometimes he is a pain in the ass. You are right Hopatcong ,it can be very tough in the summer.As I said in a earlier post how do you think Mike Ike got to be so good!Did you know he holds the state federation record for largest bag of fish on that lake 19 something pounds ! I kind of figured that monty was your buddy with the 522. He and I have talked a few times just tell him I'm the guy with the Blue F-250 I'm sure he remembers . In fact I'll be there for the next meeting

Rob, as a friend I don't feel that "me" started anything here. If you look at your first sentence in your post you were asking the question that I posted below. And all "me" did was answer it with a reply that said no to your question. You then took that as a personal attack upon you and I just don't see it. You also stated in your post the following. "WILL BE the RIDE to own! As if it weren't already." Grant you, Ranger makes a excellent boat, but you should remember that this is a Nitro/Tracker site and I don't think that was showing Rich the respect he deserves for all his effort that he puts forth for this site to be enjoyed by all of us. Sorry if you get upset with me but I feel that I known you long enough and well enough to say this.

"Anyone else super pumped about seeing the new Z series being unveiled at the Jacob's cup in a few weeks?"

Buzz

Ya know it's gotta be a EXCEPTIONAL boat!

After all, it is a Ranger!

me? Super pumped? no.

I'm a simple person.....

I just want an 882 with a 175 Opti!

Or Pat's non-current 898!

Better yet.....

Donnie's boat if it's still around when I get ready to buy!

Buzz, at times you amaze me at your level headed thinking. Take his advice Rob, I know you are still reading this!

Mini

Latest posts

Back