"My Fellow Bassers..."

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
"My Fellow Bassers...

I come to you tonight with a heavy heart. As I look out my window at the great expanse of beautiful land that God has blessed us with, and we proudly call America, I see nothing but SNOW. What was once green rolling hills are now nothing but...SNOW. But do not worry, my fellow bassers, for the day will soon come when the sun will RISE up higher, melting the landscape with her gossamer rays, warming the air and water and prompting the bassus to huddle in masses and prepare to spawn.

And when this wonderous event occurs, we will all remove ourselves from the earth, and go forth upon the water, (with pay), and partake of the most precious bounty our freshwater lakes provide to us. Screaming to the heavens, DEM BASSUS LUV SPARKLES(c).

So bear down, be patient, and heed my promise of better bassin' days to come.

Thank you for listening, thank you for being Americans.

God Bless you all.

KEN & MAC---BETTER THAN CRACK

Ken, I drove across the dam of my home lake this afternoon and guess what? the ice is gone and I know it ain't bass fishing, but it is time to stock up on them crappies!

Sorry I couldn't resist rubbing it in a little!

Tim

Ouch...that hurt. I just love a mess-o-speck frying in a skillet of lard!!!

'Tis true me lads,...."We hope you have a Crappie Day!" Man I wish I had some!! Envy is such an UGLY emotion!! LOL

Tim, if ice is out, bass will bite. Caught 'em in 40 degree water, but bassmaster never called ME for an article. Why is that you supose?

Don't feel bad Rob,...I've caught largies through the ice before,...i never got a call either!!!

Good morning Mac, you know i've got a "crappie" model and never had fished for them. Caught 2 by accident on crank baits last fall, understand their good eaten! Just can't get my self to say to the family when they ask what's for dinner, we're having a CRAPPY dinner and you'll LOVE it LOL

Never caught a bass throught the ice before Mac. Almost everything else, but no bass or walleye. Crappie have been scarce here last couple of years. Southern end of the lake had a huge unexplained kill last year. Mostly white crappie and carp? That's why I'm doing the artificial reef thing with trees, to see if I can draw some in. Plus, should some toads set up shop there, that wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

They are AWESOME!!!!....very mild... i rank them right up there with perch and walleye!! Callem' "Specks" like everybody does down south...LOL....but i've had my share of crappie dinners!! LOL

A few years back I took my now 16yr old daughter to a "fancy" retaurant. She wanted fish, the waiter suggested the tuna steak...she loves "steak" so she figured she was geeting the best of everything...fish and steak...The waiter returned as she was about half done with her tuna...asked her how she liked it...Her reply, "oh it's real good...almost as good as crappie..."

That was $21.95 ala carte fresh tuna...hmmm...

Latest posts

Back