Lake Anna Stripers!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Despite the cold, I went out yesterday with my son, next door neighbor and his son on Lake Anna courtesy of Jim Hemby's Guide Service. Given the picture, I'd say we had a fair bit of success! :D

DSCF0359.JPG

Proud to say that Carter caught the largest striper of the day.

DSCF0362.JPG

Not to be too undone, we also managed to boat the largest LM I have ever managed on Lake Anna - about 5.5 pounds (small compared to Tox's usual catch, I know! :eek::D).

DSC02506.JPG

Needless to say, cleaning all those stripers took some time, but the end result was a sink full of yummy filets!

DSCF0363.JPG

Merry Christmas all!

Jim

DANG!! Hemby is the man when it comes to stripes. Uh...You wouldn't find me on the cold side this time of year!!:lol::lol::lol: I'd be over at Bill's for Bass and burgers!!:lol:

TOXIC

Now take your fillet knife and carefully fillet those little brown areas...just place your knife just under the brown area and cut that layer off..very easy and well worth it.

Just like I do all my white bass. That area always has a real nasty fishy taste.

It will make the fillets that much better;)

Nice catch BTW!

GREAT picture guys, looks like your older son has a Cheshire Cat grin!! The little guy looks cold!! LOL

I bet that was AWESOME!! Great job!!

Thanks guys! Tee - I'm with you. Those were the "raw" fillets I had gotten off of the fish. I went back and trimmed them up, including getting rid of that red stuff. I learned (the hard way!) that it turns brown and tastes pretty fishy when cooked.

Good job Jim! Love those stripers-I think they are some of the best eating either fresh or salt water

What an awesome day of fishing! Good for you!

Latest posts

Back