Lake Anna in mid-afternoon - suggestions?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Hey all:

Heading down to Lake Anna tomorrow with the wife and son. Probably won't do too much fishing - at least no serious stuff. We'll probably get to the Lake around 10am and launch shortly thereafter. We generally go to the islands to swim and relax a bit. Since all my gear is stowed on the boat, I may wet a line or two. Any suggestions on where to go and what to use in mid-afternoon? Temps predicted in the 90's!

Jim

Lake Anna on a weekend in July and you want suggestions??

Potato gun!

'Nuff said!

Be careful!

Think you should just leave the gear in the boat and enjoy the family. Unless you are going to the hot side the cold side is a zoo with the pleasure boaters. Most fishermen are off the lake by 0900 in the morning and back on around 6 pm. Water temps on the cold side are 87 degrees and on the hot side at a mild 97 degrees.

Watch out for the jet ski's and the other morons on the lake.

Bill in VA

If you seriously want to fish in the afternoon, run up one of the rivers. I will be there Saturday for a photo shoot and will be there until about 3. Keep my cell number handy and give me a call (202-550-5549). I will be there with 4 other guides.

TOXIC

Hey guys - thanks for the words of advice. I knew that there wouldn't be any real fishing involved (took out most of my rods and left them at home). Ended up taking the wife, son AND two dogs out - all in a PT175. We fit, but it was definitely a boating day, not fishing. We beached down by the islands down from Route 208. Even with the dogs swimming around, the sunnies were all over the place and nippy too. I figured what the hey and threw out some micro tubes (white) on jig heads. Caught two very aggressive sunnies before they got leery of the lure. My son was laughing the whole time (he's 3 - everything is funny to him!). The jet skis and pleasure boaters definitely were in full force by the time we left in the afternoon - man, someone needs to make boating courses mandatory in Virginia. In any event, we spent the afternoon playing dodge 'em back to the marina. Thanks again for the tips - one of these days, I'll get down there for a real fishing trip!

Tight lines - Jim

OPPPPPPS, Sorry I thoought it was next Saturday........Guess what, I wasn't there yesterday!!:lol: I was camping with the family (4 familys actually) at Westmoreland State Park down where the Potomac dumps into the Chesapeake. Spent most of today sifting beach sand for fossilized shark's teeth.

TOXIC

WESTMORELAND STATE PARK !!! I havnet been there in years....Ahhhhhhhhhhh the memories !!!

Back