Lake Anna Today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
After a perilous start.......I almost fell off the dock.....hey, it's the first time I've seen frost this year,..... KB and I had a pretty good day on the water. I caught the first fish (a keeper) off of my tree in the morning. KB took 2 more off it in the afternoon. He owned my tree today!!LOL!! It was a blast to say the least, we were all over the lake and managed 7 keepers between the 2 of us and all total probably 30 fish. That is quite the accomplishment for Lake Anna on the cold side in November...the end of November nonetheless. We were fishing an area when I had 3 or 4 schoolies BLAST my senko as I was retrieving it for another cast. It happened right at the boat and scared the bejesus outta me. It happened twice so we pulled back and started fishing open water and we had a fast and furious half hour. The wind came up, and KB yelled grab the spinnerbaits!! And we managed to keep the action going for another 15 min. Spinnerbait bite died and we switched back to plastics to get a few more. We managed fish off docks, grasslines and rip-rap. Sounds like they were turned on but actually they were not, it was terrible conditions, post front high pressure, swirling wind, bluebird skies and cold temps. We fished smart today and it paid off.

KB now understands why I am the undisputed senko king!!:lol: I had to show him how to catch them without a hook!! Hey KB, where's my hat?LOL!!:p:p

TOXIC

Tox is the man... About a 13 " fish hit his Senko, Tox swings this stupid thing in the boat... I watch this fishes lips slid down the Senko and it falls in the boat! The hook wasn't even close to the fish. That thing was just hungry or stupid or both... A very FUN day on the water for mid November...

Kb

Huck, All you have to do is get to Richmond and hitch a ride with KB!!

Bruce, If they were trained that well then I'd have a LOT more clients!!LOL!! Actually there is this Pickrel that I catch 3 or 4 times a year.....she's moved out to deeper water now.

I've had fish do that before but never had a witness and this fish was by all means the largest. It was another one of those that hit on top closer to the boat. It just lockjawed on that senko about 1/2 inch below the hook (Texas Rigged) and when I swung him in the boat, it just hung there and then slid off like it was a piece of spaghetti. It never did let loose, it was it's own weight that finally pulled it off after about 30 seconds.

TOXIC

It must be the water, I had one last year on the hot side when we went out that did the same thing.

BF

Latest posts

Back