Striper Action on Lake Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Man, what a fun day!! Went out with Jim Hemby on Lake Anna for stripers. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here are four!

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

Bill in VA - you were right, Jim was great! Highly recommend him to others looking for a knowledgeable friendly guide for Lake Anna Stripers!! Time for bed...

JC

Jim - Hey, didn't I tell you! Did you go and cast for shiners in the morning or did Jim H have them aleady?

Looks like you had a good day. How many did you catch all together. Noticed that each of you took the 4 fish limit. Very interesting how Jim H looks for them and how quickly they just vanish after a frenzy.

I think Jim H is probably the best striper guide on the lake although only using shiners doesn't teach you how to catch them with artificials. But if you want instand gratification and being put on fish it is the oly way to go.

Glad you went and had such a good time.

Bill in VA:rolleyes:

Thanks guys! Total weight on the string of 13 stripers was 54 pounds. We got the guide's alotment for the limit so we were actually three short of max. Jim Hemby was great. We went out early morning and looked for baitfish - gizzard shads. He showed us what a ball of shad looked like on the fishfinder and then cast his net out. After we netted about a couple dozen, we headed for the stripers. We went through those baitfish and went for more. Jim was more than willing to share his knowledge of Lake Anna striper fishing. I would highly highly recommend him for anyone interested - oh, and we had striper fillets for dinner that night - yum yum!! :p:p

I heard that Jim is also the best largemouth guide on the lake...BAR NONE!!! :eek::p

BBBWWHAHAHAHAHAAH

Ken, Mac, come on down and play! Will be a fun time! Plus, it is stil lwarm here. No snow liek you have up there :p

Back