KENTUCKY LAKE RALLY .

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
Just got back to MN. after 12 hr drive.I'm not really thinking to straight at the moment ,first step inside the door and it was off to the urgent care unit .My three yr old dislocated his elbow.3 hrs later I'm back home again typing this.

The Rally was a blast! The Moors was great.Yes Ken Neeley took second I tied for third with Sargent And first was taken buy a couple from Tn.who's name I'm not sure of.But Scott will be able to fill in the details.

Fishing was a challange.We were catching them but they were all under the 15in limit.The weight-in was about 6 fish one a piece.Nobody weight in more than one fish.The largest fish went to the couple from Tennesee 100.00 pot.

I got the 901 that Neeley brought up from Beaver Lake that was my prize, and also being able to fish Friday with Ken.Idon't care what you guys say about Ken its only have true and I stnd beside him on that.

Greg took pictures with his digital camara of everybody there and the weight in with all the fish and then promtly dropped it in the water at the boat dock. Not to worry though we were able to snag it with a 6'6" pole and a couple of treble hooks in about 7' of water. Should be fine.Greg and Neeley had the room next to are's so the nights were long. I really can't talk about the things that took place there in the wee hours of the morning but let me say this My son Mike (20yr old)will probably be scared for life ! Not to mention the nightmares I've been having.

Mike also caught the only differant species a 6lb. drum(sheeps head).

Thats about all I can type for now I have to pass out.......

sounds like you all had fun, wish I could of been there, our club has a tourney at barkely every year and it is a blast, alot of dinks 12 to 14 inch dinks (which would be mostly keepers in a tourney up here in ohio) and a few nice keepers. hope everyone made it home safely.

Where did you find the energy to type that post, Mark?!!? I only had a 3 1/4 hour drive - but I was exhausted last night! Didn't even have the energy to turn the computer on!

Stacey "Xston" Smother was the BIG WINNER! Big fish pot! Big catch! Guest charger! All-Star rod from Mini! And his wife took home the St. Croix Avid rod donated by Buzz!

Jeff Griffith took home Buzz's St. Croix casting rod.

Kathy Moore used MY MONEY to snag the other Guest Charger! And I want to say a special "Thanks!" to Kathy..... After dinner, the dining room was too noisey for us to make our announcements, so Greg suggested that we move to the great room in the lodge..... Kathy (probably the only person there smaller than me!) picked up all the boxes and bundles of prizes and awards and carried them out! Bruce, you are married to a wonderful, warm and STRONG woman!

Good luck to Bruce and Kathy in the next few weeks as they move to Alabama for Bruce's new job!

A special thanks also goes out to Mini..... He called over the phone to award Stacey, the winner of the tournament, with the All-Star rod of his choice! I think Neeley spent half an hour with Stacey discussing the merits of the Titanium Series!

Greg Meyer had a number of Rapala mugs and crank baits that he donated to rally-goers!

My mind is blanking out on who it was that got the BPS Gift Certificate donated by egMike and the "Wiggle Your Worm" t-shirt donated by Worb..... The mind is the second thing to go..... Can anyone help me?

The kids at the Kentucky Sheriff's Ranch have an arm-load of new fishing tackle for this summer PLUS a check for $150 donated by members of this board who weren't even there!

Weather was phenomenal! Fishing was superb on Sunday, excellent on Friday and a bit difficult on Saturday.

I kept my string alive..... I caught a 2" sunfish on a 3/8 oz firetiger spinnerbait..... Picture to follow!

This was GREAT FUN!!!! Many thanks to everyone who was there and those who weren't but helped to make it all come together!

God Bless!

me!

Oh, yeah..... Mark's new 901 is one SWEET RIDE!

I followed Mark, his son Mike and Neeley out as Neeley showed Mark how to run blue fiberglass..... Gave them one heck of a ride! Hit several large waves and pointed that thing skyward! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I got to fish with Mike Gross for a couple of hours as well..... Mark has raised himself a Marine-to-be that he can be well proud of!

Thanks for the early post with the rally results!...I'm sure lots of us will be logging in at their work terminals first thing this morning to see how everything went.....Glad you all had a good time!...Greg...sorry to hear about the passing of your camera.....Ouch!.

This all sounds great! Sorry I missed it!

Scott, thank you for doing all of the organizing and bringing this event off so well.

And yet another "Oh yeah".....

Many "Thanks!" to Greg Meyer who Officiated the Tournament!

Sounds like Scott ran a great event, everyone had fun and caught fish! Like the rest of the member who didn't make it - we're Jealous and wish we could have been there!!

Thank you to everyone who organized and donated time and goods to the rally. My father and I had a great time and caught a lot of fish. (Albeit short ones!)

The Moors Resort was very nice, I would recommend it to anyone wanting to fish Kentucky lake.

--Corey

Scott I was running on overtime and didn't no it.We all had a great time! wish you all could have been there.A great bunch of people everyone of them. I think my son was very impressed by the caliber of people there. He always wondered why I spent so much time on the pc now he understands.

Scott it was I who had the honor of taking home the wiggle your worm tee shirt.I missed the other prizes awarded I guess I was just filled with emotion after that !

Thanks again to Ken Neeley for the delivery of a truely great blue boat,I really love it. I'll need a separate post post just for the boat.

Mac done a personal cartoon for me that you guys have to see.My wife about died. funny and crazy.It will take me a few days to get my pictures on disc thought.

Scott and Greg I need copies of pictures or down loads if you can of some of the better shots.

There was an interesting time at the Moors Restarant on Friday nite, but I'll leave that to someone else to tell.

Scott thank you for all your great time and effort put forth for this rally.

A special thanks also To Ken and Greg just meeting them was a truly great experiance.I never new that about Mini though. lol

Ever notice that the stories get told when I am not around? lol

This is one I cant wait to hear!

Do tell!

Mini

Scott, I got the BPS gift certificate donated by egMike (Mike and Terri Levesque). Thanks Mike and Terri hope you got out of Vegas with some clothes on!! LOL. Stopped at the Cincy BPS on the way back home and spent the certificate.

I had my laptoop and posted a report from the rally once but then found out I had connected to the internet not from a local IPS number like I thought but via all the way back to my home area code. I had a $12 phone bill at the lodge when I checked on it. Didn't figure out what I did wrong until I got back home.

Kentucky Lake is BIG and fishing was tough. My partner was able to land a 6lb 2oz LM on the last cast he made Sunday before we left. He got a picture of it and I'll post it when he sends me a copy. Had a good time and enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to the next one.

Great to hear all had fun at the rally.

Did ok in Vegas, but sorry, Scott, not "ok" enough to donate that 911 next year,LOL.

( win $100, give to wife,win $100, give to wife, win $500, buy wife jewelry) Wife? (Lose $100, take from husband, lose $100, take from husband, lose $100, get husband to buy you jewelry)

Vegas was warm,ok, hot, sunny, and as usual we had a great time and are lining up another trip for maybe Oct '04.

(We go about every year and a half to 2 yrs.)

Sorry to have missed the rally, but still had a great time out there, and glad you all had fun! Kudos to Scott,Greg, and ALL of you who donated so many great items, what a first class group of people you all are on NTOWS.....egMike

Latest posts

Back