I'm gonna be a GRANDPA!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
Well, that may be rushing things a bit. :) Thanksgiving weekend Mike (my daughters boyfriend) and I went fishing and he asked for my blessing to marry my daughter. I had my S&W .40 and an anchor with me. Luckily for him, I really like that anchor. ;) We had the talk and I said ok. We weren't sure when he was going to do it but, thought it would be this weekend. Everytime the phone rang we were hoping it would be her. She wanted to tell us in person because we met them today for lunch and she showed us the ring. It was a nice one too! He asked her Saturday. The look on her face was awesome, she is beaming. Looks like a fall of 2010 wedding. Mike is a good guy, very responsible and has a good head on his shoulders.

Gene

They grow up almost as fast as we get old! Congrats!... If he went fishing with you he has a chance at being a keeper.;)

:lol: I used to tell her, if her boyfriends don't fish or hunt...don't bother bringin' em home. :) He will do. ;)

LOL...Congrat's.....both of my daughter's have the same requirement!! "They better hunt or fish...and preferably BOTH!!":eek:;)

Congrats...remind him that a father-in-law who hunts and fishes is a bonus, great and usefull Christmas and birthday presents. Again, congrats to you and your family.

Eric

Thanks guy's. :) "He will do" Is tongue in cheek. I like Mike a lot, he is a great guy for her. I'm very happy for them. :wub:

Gene

Way to go Gene!

A keeper is always a good thing!

Now is he local here in the St. Joe area, or back by you?

With the empty nest and all, I'm always looking for a partner...LOL

az

He lives on Lakeview St in St. Joe. He's fished with Jim and met Carlos when we were in D.C over Labor day, I'm sure he'd welcome the chance to fish with you. D.C. was the first time he'd really ever bass fished. I think he did ok. :rolleyes:

Thanks Carlos!

Gene

Hey Andy.... a lifetime ago we (my first wife and I) had a summer place in Stevensville Just off Red Arrow Highway south of a restaurant called "Tossi's" (seems to be right) along the lake... Haven't been near there in 30 years.

Hey Greg...

I'm just 5 minutes north of Stevensville...

Tosi's is still there! One of the 'swankiest' places in the area as it even has 'optional' valet parking! LOL

This is a great area....When I moved here 25 years ago I was planning on 5 years and heading out west....can't do it! Fishing and hunting are great and are all within minutes...

I'll show you around if you ever get back this way!

az

Latest posts

Back