If money was no object . . . . .

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Okay, since it's the Christmas season, and a time for everyone to dream a little bit . . . .

If money was no object (you just won the current powerball lotto), what boat would you buy, and how would you outfit it?

Boat

Motor

Electronics

Other features

Didn't bother to ask for 'primary purpose', since we all seemed inclined towards the pursuit of ol' bucketmouth.

Tex

Ranger 521 DVX, dual console, Classic edition, White w/ blue, Yamaha 250 HPDI with electric/hydraulic jackplate, full digital instrument panel, Lowrance X-15 on the bow, LMS-240 GPS ready at the console. Guest 2631 and Everstart Maxx batteries. Tandem axle trailer with 2 spares, brakes, swing away tongue, bolt on rachet tie downs and runner plate down the main beam. Matching trailer cover.......argh argh argh.....enough detail for ya Tex? Not that I've been thinking about it or anything! LOL Oh yeah, almost forgot, Minn Kota Maxxum TM, 101 or 107 (whatever) lb thrust, 36 volt, 50+" shaft w/bounce buster and tie down. Also charge indicator for batteries and marinco plug. Signal light style trim and jackplate switches on the column, and maybe a hot foot. Still don't know if I like them or not.

Ranger 521 Dual Console with Scales & Tales embroidery on the front deck, White with Burgandy Stripes, Detwiler 10" Jack Plate,250 Optimax SX, Hotfoot, 109lb Motorguide, Lowrance X-18 Color with GPS on the Console AND bow, Motorguide 3-bank with 15amps per bank charger.

The rod lockers would hold Max capacity of Pro Qualifier Rods with Shimano Calais bait cast reels and Shimano Stella spinning reels. Finally $10K worth of assorted baits.

And finally, since money is NO object, a full time bikini clad thong wearing net babe. And a torpedo launcher for all of the lake lice.

Bass Cat cougar FTD

Mercury 250xb

109 motor guide tour

lawarnce gps units on the bow and consol

Which hopefully I will have in about 5 years

Boat: Gambler 21'

Motor: Merc 300hp

Electronics: Lowrance 15 (that big one w/the tv screen)

Other Features: those girls on ESPN Fish On Show to give me "private" fishing lessons.

fish on!

jd

Gambler Intimidator with a small single engine plane that I can take off and land on the front deck.

Triton TX-20 dual console.

White with burgandy striping.

Mercury 225 Optimax. (The one with the blue grphics.)

Galvanized tandem trailer.

MinnKota with universal sonar.

Garmin 240 up front; 168 at the console.

Titanium All-Stars with Curado 101's in the rod bins.

Cute, petite, 40+ year old woman as a partner!

me!

Ok Rob,

I would get a Nitro 929, 911 and a 901 all decked out and keep the one that I liked. Then I would give the other ones away to some poor saps that did not win the lotto. Then I would disappear so I could enjoy my retirement without being bothered by every phony charity organization. Then I would set up a "Catch a Fish Foundation" and a "Hunting Foundation" for under priviliged children so that they can enjoy the outdoors as much as I do.

Bob G.

Rob no one has said Nitro because we are thinking expensivley, not economically.

Guess I'm not as extravagent as some. I'll take a 2003 Avalanche in Midnight Blue. 175 Opti. Minnkota Max 74w/ universal sonar. X-91 on the bow, X-16 Color on the console. Full complement of Pro Qualifiers w/ curados. And all the XPS crankbaits, jerkbaits, topwaters, and soft plastics it'll hold. And World Peace!

Craig

With all that money who would still have the time to fish?? Or who would still want to? lol

Triton TR 22 with a 250 Yamaha. Minkota Trolling motor with Universal Sonar. 2 Pinpoint fish finders one with Gps. Trojan 31 group batteries. Hot foot with trim on the wheel. 10 Bob's machine hydraulic jack plate. Dual Pro triple bank charger. 3 spare props. A Chevy Tahoe to match the Triton.

Rob L

UMMMMM ANYTHING?

7 allstar rods!!!!

6 shimano reals!!!

5 boxes of jerk-baits!!!

4 boxes of tubes!!!

3 bottles of carona!!

2 shots of jack!!!

1 8# smallmouth!!!!

AND A NITRO UNDER THE TREEEEEE!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

BASSINBOB............

Well here's your first "Tin" guy for anything goes... 21' Tundra w/200 Evinrude and 9.9 Johnson four stroke kicker... X15s all around... Minkota AP on the bow.... And a new Ford f-150 SupercRew painted to match... No Nitro.. but it is the best "tin boat" in the real world...

If I won the powerball jackpot of $160 million, everyone on this board would get a new Avalanche w/ the 175 Opti!!! AND I'd buy them ALL from Ken and Marke :) (except mine, gotta stay loyal to Marine USA)

Everyone would have an aluminum boat, therefore no more glass discussions :)!

here is my boat.

Vessel:

i-1.JPG

Jeff,

I'm your new "deck-hand" and "towel-boy"... But can we get a Tundra for those quiet skinny waters like Erie?

im looking at a all girl crew!

possibly playboy bunnies!

possibly a tundra,or avalanche!but it has to have a custom paintjob!

NO SPARKLIES!!

a tom pruitt(monster garage)paint job!

I'll keep the boat I got, but buy a marina on a well stocked lake.

Then offer good discounts to all my buddies!

92' Cheoy Lee Yacht Fisherman. Six staterooms, water toys, twin 1400hp CATs and a fish fighting chair. I'd keep a 16' Boston Whaler or maybe a small flats boat on the bridge deck, launched with the davit. When done fishing, motor off to the islands. Or Europe. Or thru the canal. Whatever.

92YF.jpg

Nitro 929 dual console with 250XB and every option just like the one I got now, there is no boat better than what I have right now.

Sorry, Big John..... They don't put enough cup holders on the boat.

Scott G..... I'd be spending ALL of my time fishing! That's what I dream about when I dream of winning the lottery! Got my PowerBall ticket right here.....

Rich..... You and I both know that you would still chose to work! You get too much enjoyment out of bringing life to your innovative ideas!

Nice going, Jeff! That was a very polite way of telling Greg that you didn't want his butt anywhere near your boat!

me!

ill take anyone on it,just you cant touch the crew!!!

Marke,

That Cobra is one awesome boat except for the Humminbirds! I would lose the birds and get Lowrances. It looks like you could walk off the front without the trolling motor installed.

Bob G.

I just noticed that the Cobra bass boat has two cockpits and no floor to step down into!

Marke, If you buy one, I'll cruise up to MI and go for a ride.

Bob G.

Uh, Scott, there's a difference between work, and just checking your email via satellite from somewhere in the Carribbean.

54' Rybovich Sport/Fish (one of Gene's Customs)

Twin Cats churning 700hp min. at the wheels (25-30nots)

Enclosed fly bridge w/ 20' tuna tower w/ controls

Rybovich teak fighting chair w/ controls

All Lowrance integrated sonar/gps/waas system w/chartplotter and auto-helm

Kashogi teak interior (for the wife)

Nitro 1900 Bay Boat tender (for the skinny water!)

P.S. I already have two of the most awesome custom bass boats built!:)(One could use a new home.)

911 with a 225 opti, fully loaded of course...although that Cobra is very interesting...

Yes the Cobra is very interesting but not very practical. You can never take more than 1 buddy along and WHERE is the TM??? They have pro anglers in mind? What pros did they talk to? Still, a sweet looking ride, but I'd stick with the 521. Now as far as yachts go, I have to go with a Sea Ray Sundancer 520! With the hot tub, and a Ranger 518 on the aft deck as a runabout. NO jet fleas. A fully stocked wet bar for all my friends to come visit, twin cats, all mohogany and a king sweet that looks like it just came out of movie cross of lifestyles of the rich and famous and adult film! LOL A seperate cuddy for the kids and their nanny so the wife and I could decorate the king suite! LOL Lotto.....all you need is a dollar and a dream!

Cecil,..I'm with you big dog!! that sounds like the ticket!!

Or better yet.....let's rent the USS Missouri and at midnight we'll touch of a volley of those 16"r's all at the same time!!!! LOL!!! That would ROCK that mofo!! ahahah

If money's no object, we can get a pleasure or fishin' boat anytime......but we gotta throw a party first that would make the "Tailhook" parties look like a Jr. High dance!! LOL

Mac

I just got a 929 with a Merc 250XB and I love it!!!! The only thing I need is a bigger garage door, I have 3 inches on each side. O'well thats a project for this winter, I wont have time this spring. Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

GEEEZE guys and gals, I go to Disney world for a week and THIS is where Cabin Fever takes you! Better then where we've gone in the past.

For me (with a LOT less Detail then Jeff and No pictures), not one single boat would do so here is my list:

Nitro 911 with a Merc 300 (just saw the 300 Pic in Trailer Boats Magazine) - For bassfishing!

Nitro Bay 21 full liner with twin Merc Saltwater 150's for bay and close off shore!

18ft Tundra with a 175 EFI for those trips to Walleye country!!!

Oh and one of those big cabin cruisers that Rich S, Jeff and others mentioned for a nice cruise to Aruba each winter!!

Latest posts

Back