I need some advice

• Thread starter Charlie Nethaway [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libr
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Nethaway

Reaction score
I have put some pictures in my folder, if anyone can tell me what this linkage is for and how bad it is to have it broken.

I don't know how long it has been broken, I found it Fri. night when getting ready for sat.

I do know that after the 100 hr service t/u on 10-22-02 it has smoked allot, hard to start, idles rough and stalls.

Ya'll (and the service dep. at bps) say the smoke is normal but there is allot of smoke, now I think it was because of the broken linkage, I did some Yankee engineering and I know it cant be adjusted correctly but it didn't smoke as bad as it has been.

Going through the timber at Fork on sat. was tough when the motor wouldn't idle.

I took it back to the shop today... its like I take it out once then take it to the shop, it is getting real old and im thinking real hard about selling/trade, I need ideas

Tell me what you think about this ... is this boat a lemon because I don't hear allot of people complaining about nearly as much as I have had go wrong??

Do you think a 2003 TV-18 is any better than the 2001 component wise? oh I also had the power plug on the dash fall apart and discovered that it is made out of very very thin plastic, this is the quality that im talking about I don't think Radio Shack sells anything that cheap. I don't find any other tin boats that are deep V Bass boats. if you know of any please let me know.

Im hoping to not bring this boat home if they give me a good trade in value LOL on a new TV-18 im just hoping that it is what it is

A Lemon and that tracker has started using better components

Thanks

Charlie
DSC00016.JPG

Charlie,

It looks like the rod end to the oil injection pump. If it's as you describe, that would cause an excessive oil rich mixture because the oil control arm on the pump would fall to wide open oil. The control rod should be connected to the throttle arm.

Thanks Duart sounds like you know what it is and that would make since,,, too much oil gradually fouled a plug, starting hard then running poor then to a point of stalling. makes perfect since. ((( and most likely did no damage to the cylinders ???? ))) but what would cause that piece just split? anyone?

Who knows how these things happen, maybe a defective rod end from the factory. One thing I forgot to mention is the oil to fuel ratio is adjusted with the rod end that broke. There is a mark on the pump that aligns with a mark on the control arm at wide open throttle. If you don't have a manual, take it back to the dealer and have them fix it up for you.

I think Duart is right on. That explains the smoke and why you were wanting the best plugs.

jd

Latest posts

Back