Hockeytown is CRAAAZZYY!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Man this is going to be a good game!! BUT,..I think the RedWings will hoist the cup AGAIN and add another STANLEY to their dynasty!!! Gotta run for now......there's a "game" coming on....popcorn to pop....beer to pour...jersey to don...hat to find....oooohhhhh man, THIS is what a Hockey Fan LIVES for!!:wub:

OSGOOD will win the MVP!!...and my prediction for a final score?!...4-1 Detroit!!:p

Carry on,

Mac

Sorry - you are not a winner tonight. I had to support Pittsburg as I watched Hal Gill ( #2 defense) as a High School quarterback for 4 years.

Close but no cigar. Great series though. Looks like Hossa shouldn't have deserted the Burgh so quickly.:p

Way to go Pens !!!!!!!!

Oh well...the Wings didn't deserve to win that game..they played like crap. But,..we've got 11 cups here and 5 in the last 12 years.....the Pen's have how many???:unsure::rolleyes:

We'll get it back!;)

HOCKEY...... whats that..I thought It was Ultimate Fighting..I may have to watch It....:D:D:D

LMAO @ TT,....That's true...but can/will they REPEAT?!,...That's a helluva lot harder!!:rolleyes:

What always kills me, is the media (and of course some individuals) comments on these types of things whereby a team has many, many titles (as do the Wings); and that somehow those titles won in the past are an indication of what the current team will do.

I follow hockey from the 'edges' (as in: have some interest in the Stanley Cup Finals), and don't really follow it closely at all. But I do follow it enough to know, that the Penguins have Crosby, and he appears to be the 'real deal'.

Although, from what I read, his 'snub' during the 'handshake chorus line' ritual, was not at all what I'd call a 'Class Act'.

Tex

Crosby is the NHL's poster boy......he's a marketing tool for the league,...the Pens need to make sure he remains a TEAM PLAYER and not let him turn into a premadonna. That can happen easily when you give a 21 yr old the bank!! That's one thing that Ilitch (the Wings' owner) does VERY VERY WELL, and that's market the TEAM...not an individual. A lot of that revolves around the individual player's personalities too.......there are several Wing's that are as good or better than Crosby,..but you won't hear them put themselves above the team. Pavel Datsyuk is one of them...that guy is freakin' AMAZING....but he'll never put himself before the TEAM,...that's why the Wings have been so good for the past 12 years,...they won't tolerate an ego...it's all about THEM,...not "me". The Pen's will be good for a while...with Crosby and Malkin to build around...they can easily turn into a powerhouse as long as they keep the young'uns in check!! (no pun intended!) I think the Wings will have to make a few changes this summer...they need some younger defensemen to tie up a few loose ends!;)

Crosby is young. I can forgive him for the alledged snub. he was just too happy to have the cup to realize what he was doing. I think the Penguins veterans (or even Mario) should have clued him in, but again once you obtain the ultimate goal (Lord Stanley) then rational thought can go out the window. Well for the first ime anyway...lol

Hats off to the Penguins, they wanted it more. They played a great series and hopefully the two can meet again next year and I will predict it now. Wings in 5 :)

I can't resist...:p:p:p
10.jpg

Mac, look out, 'cause here come the Hawks........

I love the Hawks/Wings rivalry,looking forward to next season already here.

I have to hand it to the Wings organ eye zation , they really do know how it's done and are the model for consistent success year after year.

I can only hope Scotty Bowman and Stan Bowman can use some of their hockey smarts and keep the Hawks headed in the right direction here. Mike

Rich,...they DESERVED it,...no doubt....We only had to win ONE game,..and they didn't do it. That's the way it goes sometimes!!:rolleyes:

egmike,....Scotty is THE MAN!! He really was the beginning of the turn-around here!! We loved the guy!!:wub: