holy bia'sed reporting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Lea.

Reaction score
My son and I are sitting here eating home made hoagies, we make our own bread for the football games, and watching the BCS title game. We have no dog in this fight so we are just watching it for the good game, we hope it is a good game.

Now I gotta say that this one TV announcer actually just said that if you spend 10 minutes with Tim Tebow it will change your life. The announcing was really looking like a Tebow love fest but that settled it. Now I understand the kid is good but I really don't think that spending ten minutes around him is going to change my life or anyone elses for that fact. The announcer even said that Tebow is by far and away the best QB in all of college football, Didn't the other guy win the heisman?

Man they gotta get off the Tebow band wagon before they ruin this game for the watcher that doesn't care who wins.

I don't intend to start a big to do with Florida fans but I really believe this announcer is carrying Tebow's love child. Back to the game OU just scored so it looks like this will be a good game.

I think the only thing that would have made the media's love affair with Tebow even more sickening, is if he would have gone to USC. With their slobber-mouthing over both Tebow and USC, I think all of the media would have been walking a little funny.;)

The only thing I hate worse than hearing anything Tebow, is anything USC!!!

Ditto what Scott said ! Cant wait to see Tebow in the NFL.

I honestly believe they quite teaching the ethics of journalism years ago. Heck. Watching our local news, I wonder if they stopped teaching proper ENGLISH.

At least he has some qualities worth emulating. The Gator Chomp isn't exactly a late hit trying to tear out someone's ACL; we don't know what they had been yelling at him all game. I'm no Gator fan, but I am a SEC fan.

Berry I have no problem with Tebow it's the tv guys that seemed to think there is no one else that has ever been able to play the position. Now a teams radio announcers are expected to be biased they are getting paid by the team directly or indirectly so I expect it there. National TV however should have a different expectation. Like I said we were just enjoying good food and trying to enjoy a good game but man it was hard to ignore the announcers. We have Iowa and ISU :eek: as our teams so we don't need bad announcing when we try to watch a "good" game. I will now go to that special hell reserved for ISU fans who talk bad about their team. :eek:

Ed...there's always wrestling!!:lol::lol:

Berry, I wasn't knocking him but to listen to the announcers, his halo and wings were on the sideline!!:lol: I don't have a dog in the fight either but I can honestly say the only "questionable" hits (helmet to the throat for example, ..prior to the ball getting there, roughing the kicker) were from FL. OU did get a penalty for piling on. Overall, it was a very clean game. Things could have just as easily gone the other way. 2 passes that coulda/shoulda been caught (1 a fluke interception), 2 goal line misses that should have been 14 on the board. But that is college ball and that is why I watch it. The breaks went more to FL than OK and there is nothing wrong with that. There was no domination by either team, it was a pretty even game (except on the scorboard!!:lol: )

TOXIC

The score should have been a lot closer. Big game Bob could have had an aeasy six more if he had called for field goals instead of going for it on 4th down. I also understand you don't win games by plaung it safe all the time. The score would have reflected how close the game actually was.

I'm tired of hearing about how Tebow walks on water and USC follows in his wake!!lol

Was glad to see that it was one hell of a game and not a blow out. I hate lopsided bowl games. Especially in the national championship game.

Tim

Back