HELP!! i hit a skunk

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Coming home from a choir practice tonight i hit a skunk or it sprayed the truck. My truck smells horrible, what do I do to get it out. I may be taking a "friend" to the movies and I don't want that smell in there.

Okay, *I* would start off with cutting up a few lemons and sticking them in the cab of the truck. But I'm only guessing.

BUT, suggest fishing... take her out in the truck and when you get to the lake and it's turning over, she'll think how sweet the lake smells :)

Used tomatoe juice on my old dog when he got sprayed..

Did a fairly good job -- Let the dog in the house after 5-6 qts. and 2-3 shampoos

So pick up some Tomatoe juice and Vodka --LOL

Good Luck HaleDamage

Have you tried taking it to a high pressure car wash yet? I'm trying to think of what would be best to spray under the car to cut some of the odor. Bleach solution? Simple Green? Tomato juice? Maybe tomorrow you might get it to a detail shop. A used car dealer friend of mine in OKC uses Splash Splash or Mr. Kleen.

You might try appologizing to the skunks mama. Good karma never hurts. ;>))

Harpo

Hey Harpo, how do I know I can trust you...I am a pokes fan :)

BJ

HAAAA!! Now I understand!! The skunk thought your car was it's Mama!! :>))

Don't worry BJ. Some of my best friends are Pokes. Not everybody can follow the path of true enlightenment. LOL

Harpo

Harpo

This may make it worse, my dad graduated from OU and my mom graduated from OSU. I am so confused I don't know who to go for!!

Harpo

This may make it worse, my dad graduated from OU and my mom graduated from OSU. I am so confused I don't know who to go for!!

I went to Central State (UCO now). One year back in the 70's we went undefeated but nobody noticed.

Where do you fish most of the time?

Harpo

BJ...the Sonic Automotive stores I work with use an "ozone bomb" to recondition used cars taken in on trade. I've seen cars that were smoked in for years come out smelling like roses, FAST!

Try City Chevrolet, 5000 W. Reno

Skunk Remedy: One quarter cup baking soda; one quart 3% hydrogen peroxide; one teaspoon liquid dish soap. That's it! A chemist named Paul Krebaum invented it several years ago. It works chemically by emitting large amounts of oxygen therefore oxidizing the odor causing theols. He attempted to market it, but decided there was really no way to package it due to the fact that when the ingredients are combined it becomes explosive in an enclosed container.

I forgot to mention, I do not know if it will have any negative effects to a vehicles paint. Test it first! Works perfectly on dogs, kids, and nasty wretched death odors.

sounds like a good remedy for the dreaded livewell funk too!! .....as long as you don't close the lids and end up blowing them through your garage roof!! ahahahah

I hit a skunk before with one of my trucks and it was GROSS!

I ended up going through a carwash a few times and got the "underbody wash" and it still took 3-4 times through before it was tolerable....hopefully Rob's concoction will do the trick faster,...and cheaper!! LOL..good luck!!

Mac

BJ

I'm at school right now and we have a bodyshop downstairs do you want me to go ask the bodyshop teacher what he recommends? It's 9:30CST right now.

fatrap

Steve the truck is new!!! (well new to me anyway...2000 Chevy 2500)

BJ

Our autobody guy says Vinegar and water is the safest on paint and metal surfaces.

fatrap

Hey Mac there's a toon for you. Vinegar, soda, and soap in the livewell. Lock the lids down open the livewell drain and whoom! Probably better take the screens off the drain though.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back