Greg, help needed

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Greg Puter is running at a snail's pace. Ran Malaware and AVG no problems. Please remember you are dealing with a dummy, I need step by step help.

Bubby

Step one: Make sure that AVG and Malwrebytes were both updated before the scans.

Step Two: Part One, reboot and start your computer in "safe mode" (to do this, restart the computer and as soon as the bios screen has run, start tapping the F8 key until it starts to boot a black screen with choices, arrow keys to select safe mode with networking, part two: log on as the administrator, should not need a password, and then

Step Three: (after the scans, still in safe mode) right mouse click on "My Computer", select "Properties", then on the tab for Restore, turn off system restore, run both scansw again,

Step Four: Open My computer, "C" drive right click, select properties, on the first page select "disk cleanup" and run it "yes" to everything, when that is complete, select the "tools" tab and defragment the C drive.

Step Five: Run the scans again!

Good Luck... email me if you need any help along the way...

Greg, thank you!!! Did the updates and ran them again . Found a couple problems, seems to be much better now.

Bubby:)

Latest posts

Back